PSI/Nepal aspires work in multiple health areas with diversified portfolio in nationally defined health priorities in Nepal. The Research Specialist is responsible for the design, implementation, and reporting of research/studies; and share results for informing policies, improving programs and contribute evidence to generate new projects and program innovations most applicable for PSI/Nepal.
Experience and Qualification:
- Advanced university degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Population Studies, or Biostatistics.
- At least five years of progressive experience on health-related research and evaluation activities, preferably in maternal and sexual and reproductive health and health systems.
- Sound understanding and competence in research methodology: quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods. Skills and experience in program management, field research, further data analysis and evidence generation.
- Proven competence on management and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data using software - SPSS, Stata, NVivo, Atlas.ti, Dedoose and digital data collection software/tools.
- At least two scientific research papers published in peer-reviewed indexed journals within last five years.
- Strong negotiation, coordination, communication, and interpersonal skills (diplomacy, patience) with the ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure.
- Proactive and independent approach to work and problem solving with the capacity to perform in a complex environment with cultural sensitivity.
- Fluent in English and Nepali (speaking, writing, and typing) with excellent writing skills in English.
For detailed ToR please "CLICK HERE"
This job has expired.