Position : Research Specialist
No. of vacancy : 1
The Research Specialist is responsible for the design, implementation and reporting of research/studies; and share results for informing policies, improving programs and contribute evidence to generate new projects and program innovations most applicable for PSI/Nepal.
Experience and Qualification:
- Advanced university degree in Public Health, Epidemiology, Population Studies or Biostatistic
- At least five years of progressive experience in health-related research and evaluation activities, preferably in sexual and reproductive health and health systems is required. Additionally, experience in knowledge management and research communication is preferred while experience in developing funding proposals is desirable
- Sound understanding and competence in research methodology: quantitative, qualitative, and mixed methods. Skills and experience in program management, field research, further analysis of data and evidence generation
- Experience of working with sub-national government bodies
- Proven competence in management and analysis of quantitative and qualitative data using software - Stata, SPSS NVivo, Atlas.ti and digital field data collection software/tools. Proficiency in use of Microsoft Office suite, software for data visualization and data communication
- At least two scientific research papers published in peer-reviewed indexed journals within last five years.
- Strong negotiation, coordination, communication, and interpersonal skills (diplomacy, patience) with the ability to perform multiple tasks and work under pressure
- Proactive and independent approach to work and problem solving with the capacity to perform in a complex environment with cultural sensitivity
- Strong analytical and reporting skills
- Fluent in English and Nepali (speaking, writing, and typing) with excellent writing skills in English
For detailed Job Description, Please CLICK HERE
Interested candidates are requested to submit their motivation letter and updated resume (including two referees) by December 3, 2020 to: [email protected]
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for the selection process
"We are an Equal Opportunity Employer"