Location: Anandaban Hospital, Lele
Reports To: Research Director
Overall purpose of job
Incumbent will work closely with the Research Director and Team to develop innovative ideas and implement, analyze, report and publish research projects. Incumbent will assist in coordinating clinical research sampling and design, ensuring international standards and regulatory methodology (GCP, GCLP) within multidisciplinary projects.
Key tasks and responsibilities
- Perform various core experimental research activities including wet lab experiment, sample collection, sample processing, data collection and data management.
- Assist in development, planning and management of research projects in coordination with research Director.
- Meet regularly with research Director to discuss research assignments.
- Prepare and finalize MRL reports to be submitted internally or externally throughout the year.
- Attend camps or clinics for research projects and collect, record, process and analyse research samples.
- Supervise, plan, and coordinate research activities.
- Ethical management of human participants in research projects.
- Review existing available laboratory SOPs and documents.
- Revise or develop drafts SOPs for laboratory experiments.
- Validate research experiments according to SOPs.
- Perform quality control and quality assessment activities to maintain standards of experimental results.
- Contribute in the development of relevant research articles (manuscripts and proposals).
- Actively participate in various workshops and MRL training activities.
- Enthusiastic for working in an interdisciplinary team and preparedness to work in other research projects when necessary (technical support for abstract preparation and power point presentation)
- Perform routine maintenance of technical research labs and equipment
- Prepare training materials, supervise students and TLMI guests visiting MRL
- Be well versed in research methodology theoretical and practical – tool designing, data collection, report editing/writing
- Able to work in a fast-paced setting and multitask.
- Adhere to all MRL biohazard and waste management procedures
- Any other job as assigned by the reporting manager.
- Master’s Degree in Microbiology/ Biochemistry/ Medical Technology, or relevant to the role from a reputed/recognized University.
- 2 to 3 years of experience in relevant field.
- Significant knowledge of molecular biology to carry out laboratory works ∙ Excellent analytical and writing skills
- Proficiency with data visualization programs, program management.
- Ability to analyze and interpret data, identify errors and prepare reports.
- Sound organisational and time management skills, including the ability to perform high volume tasks to meet deadlines, maintaining a high degree of accuracy and consistency.
- Strong team player with excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work effectively in a cross-functional team environment.
- Proficient in writing presentation skills; excellent interpersonal, written and oral communication skills in English and Nepali languages
- Excellent Microsoft Office skills
This job has expired.