Position: Testing and Prevention Program Manager
No. of Vacancy: 1
Job Location: Cambodia, Thailand, Nepal and China
AHF Asia Bureau which is based in Cambodia implements its projects in Cambodia, China, Indonesia, Myanmar, Nepal, Philippines, Thailand, Vietnam, and Laos. We are now looking for a competent candidate to fill the position of Advocacy and Marketing Manager. This position can be based in Cambodia, Thailand, Nepal, and China, the exact location will be identified based on the candidate’s qualifications and country of residence.
Testing and Prevention Program Manager provides leadership and guidance in the strategic development of effective and innovative AHF testing and prevention initiatives and programs at the bureau level. The Manager provides technical and strategic leadership and leverages the design, development, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of country-specific HIV testing and prevention programs where AHF operates. The Manager will provide an analysis of monthly testing data, identify trends and gaps, and follow recommendations. The Manager will coordinate testing and prevention efforts to ensure AHF’s model implementation across the regions.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Program leadership and guidance
- Promotes innovation and creative ideas to support testing and prevention programs.
- Promotes AHF best practices in testing and prevention programs.
- Provides inputs and support to the bureau chief and the deputy, bureau-level program directors on the development and management of current and new HIV prevention activities as needed/requested.
- Coordinates standardization of approaches related to testing and prevention
- Provides coaching and mentoring testing and prevention staff at the country level. Provides capacity training for staff and partners regarding the AHF HIV test and treatment model, including planning, implementation, monitoring, and evaluation of program performance.
- Conducts regular testing and prevention meetings/calls, with the relevant teams.
- In coordination with the Director of Global Testing and Prevention, bureau managers, CPMs, and testing and prevention personnel, support the development of achievable, measurable objectives and targets for the programs.
- Coordinates and communicates regularly with the bureau chief and the deputy, testing and prevention managers, and CPMs, on program scale-up, monitoring, and evaluation, as needed.
- Identifies the service gaps in key populations and suggests relevant strategies.
- Support the bureau and country teams in developing Wellness/STI Programs whenever necessary.
- Conduct regular situational analysis of testing programs that can provide information for the government’s planning or strategy development.
- Involve in summary of existing prevention and testing strategies, and utilizing the information for better-informed prevention and testing procedure optimization.
Advocacy and Marketing
- Coordinates with the bureau advocacy and marketing manager(s) in relevant policy issues to drive policy changes.
- Coordinates with the bureau advocacy and marketing manager(s) in relevant marketing strategies and activities to drive the demand for services.
- Assists in monitoring and evaluation of the effectiveness of the different methods used for demand creation and marketing of prevention services
Develop and sustain partnerships
- Provides guidance and technical support to the bureau in developing partnership strategies on testing and prevention.
- Participates in-country site visits and works closely with global and bureau quality personnel to ensure high standard HIV testing and prevention activities.
- Advises and participates, as requested, in lobbying governments and partners in aspects related to HIV prevention, funding, etc.
- Advises and liaises in research initiatives on HIV testing and prevention within AHF and/or external organizations.
- Supports the bureau and country teams in monitoring and evaluating the performance of partners.
Training and capacity building
- Develop training manuals for AHF RTP programs, including lay tester training. Coordinates with the Director of Global Testing and Prevention and works on preparing generic protocols and manuals that can be used by the bureau.
- Liaise with the Global and Bureau Quality Team on the training of staff, sites, and partners on testing and prevention programs.
- Monitors and evaluates the training programs under AHF testing and prevention.
Monitoring and reporting
- Assists the Global and Bureau Quality Team with AHF testing data and data collection systems.
- Advises and provides inputs for analysis and presentations.
- Prepares regular reports on testing and prevention programs for the Bureau and Global Advocacy and Marketing Department, as requested. Documents, analyzes, identifies gaps, and reports on lessons learned and good practice, and disseminates information and knowledge on HIV prevention to the bureau or country programs.
- Provides inputs on good practice guides, approaches, methods, technical standards, case studies, and other products that contribute to knowledge sharing across all bureaus.
- Maintains professional confidentiality and professional judgment in relation to all activities within the bureau and organization
- Travels regionally as required, with occasional international travels.
- Other duties may be assigned.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Medical degree and post-graduate qualification in public health or in any other field related to the functions of the position, from a recognized institution.
- Eleven years of work experience in the design and implementation of public health communicable disease programs. Of these, at least 10 years of experience in HIV/AIDS prevention and control programs. The experience should include activities on epidemiology, surveillance, health promotion, risk regulation, disease prevention, or program evaluation and research. Experience should include technical cooperation at a senior decision-making level in institutions concerned with public health management. Extensive experience in program implementation in low-and middle-income countries.
- Desirable: Experience in planning and implementing essential interventions. Experience in coordinating international technical partnerships. Experience in international public health organizations would be an asset. A track record of publication in peer-reviewed journals.
- Demonstrated expertise in advocacy, management, and implementation of HIV/AIDS prevention and testing programs
- Proven ability to provide strategic and expert advice on technical and policy issues relating to HIV/AIDS prevention and testing
- Excellent programmer management and technical support skills, research and analytical skills, complemented by excellent communication and presentation skills
- Ability to think creatively to solve problems and find effective and efficient ways to accomplish goals in a multicultural and regional diversity environment
- Tact, discretion, and diplomacy
- Ability to produce results under pressure
- Expert knowledge of English
Please visit our website to learn more about AHF www.aidshealth.org. Interested candidates are invited to submit a Cover Letter and CV to [email protected] by 30 December 2023.
Please note that only shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview