Verisk IoT/Telematics, a unit of Verisk Analytics (VRSK) provides a start-up like excitement with the stability of a thriving public company. Verisk’s signature automotive telematics effort is the Verisk Data Exchange, which collects IoT telematics data from connected vehicles and provides advanced analytical solutions to its customers.
Verisk IoT/Telematics, is seeking Software Engineers to develop our next generation products. You will have an opportunity work with exciting, cutting-edge technologies that will that enable us to deliver innovative, fast, scalable and reliable products to our customers. You will have the opportunity to work on our data exchange for connected cars that is one of its kind in the world!!
In this role, you will be working alongside a diverse group of talented individuals that are responsible for creating and maintaining high traffic, API/web products depended on by top auto manufacturers and insurance companies for their daily business.
What you get to do every day:
- Design and develop high performance software libraries and APIs
- Implement highly scalable, performant, fault tolerant processing systems in an AWS environment
- Be involved in all phases of the agile software development lifecycle
- Work with our Product teams to gather detailed requirements for new products, services & tools.
- Proactively seek out and minimize pain points within the infrastructure and code base
- Keep up-to-date with the latest technologies and introduce them as needed
- Create next-gen solutions for unique and challenging use cases
- Analyze, debug and fix defects
What you bring to the role:
- Have strong sense of ownership
- Be focused, passionate, and strive to find simple solutions to complex problems
- Have previous design/development experience with large-scale production systems and/or data platforms with knowledge of high availability cloud-based applications
- Experience working with Business Stakeholders. Ability to elaborate and convert business requirements into technical requirements, create architecture and design documents for the stakeholders.
- Knowledge of cloud-based applications would be a plus
- Experience working with large-scale production systems and/or data platforms
- Be comfortable working in a dynamic environment
- Excellent communication skills (written and verbal)
Skills and Qualifications:
- You must have demonstrated experience in several of these domains and technologies:
- BS/MS degree in Computer Science, Engineering or a related subject
- 1+ year work experience in Python with good knowledge of AWS environment, preferably certified in AWS skills and/or completed any training related to AWS.
- Strong ability to build RESTful services in Python Flask or Django
- Experience with SQL databases like SQL Server/MySQL/PostgreSQL and NOSQL databases such as MongoDB/DynamoDB etc.
- Strong understanding of object-oriented programming
- Experience working with Pandas, Numpy and Regular Expressions in Python
- Familiar with Pylint and PEP 8 Python development style guide
- Knack for writing clean, readable, and easily maintainable code
- Understanding of fundamental design principles for building a scalable application
- Proficient in implementing automated unit tests
- Proficient understanding of code versioning using GIT/SVN
- Knowledge of AWS services like EC2, Lambda, API Gateway, Kinesis, AWS Batch, Athena, Aurora PostgreSQL, DynamoDB, Elasticsearch is a strong plus point
- Experience or working knowledge of any other programming language like C# .Net would be a plus