Job Title: Provincial Gender Based Violence focal person
Number of position: 7 Person for 7 Respective Provinces
Job Contract Duration: 2 Years and 6 months
Start Date: As Soon As Possible
Working conditions: The position requires spending 90% of her/his time in the field for program implementation and monitoring in respective province and local level
- Work closely with GBV Project Managers, NDWA board and concern networks in planning, developing and implementing of all project activities at the province and local level.
- Support/lead in preparation of event/periodic action plan, effective & timely implementation and reporting of all project intervention.
- Support/lead for formation and mobilization of Self help group (SHG) in GBV issue campaign, awareness.
- Support/lead for information gathering and sharing among the project team and executive board.
- Responsible to mainstream Gender and social inclusion (GESI) into program and organization including development/adaptation/application of tools for mainstreaming GESI at province/local level.
- Maintain sound coordination, collaboration and effective communication with all, province/ Local level development partners, stakeholders, target groups, leaders, OCMC and Media for smooth planning, implementation of project activities.
- Support / assist in capacity building of Teachers, OCMC members, elected local leaders in GBV response at local / province level.
- Conduct field visits for monitoring, evaluation, and, prepare monitoring report and case studies as per the required issue/events
- Personally adhere to the policies, norms and constitution of NDWA and preserve, as appropriate, the official confidentiality of NDWA.
- To work closely with the relevant staff of NDWA to ensure effective co-operation and collaboration.
- Perform other immediate urgent unplanned tasks, as assigned by the Project Manager and NDWA board.
Skills, Qualifications & Experience:
- At least intermediate level education in any discipline (prefer to bachelor level in Social science with gender studies Background).
- At least 2 years working experience in gender equality and Gender based violence (prefer to working with person with disability/ women, children and vulnerable community).
- Gender sensitive, responsive and experience in gender and inclusion mainstreaming from the perspective of women/girls with disabilities.
- Excellent communication and writing skills in English and Nepali languages (local language skill would be an asset)
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, WordPerfect, Excel, PowerPoint, Internet).
- Aware on GBV and gender issue in context of Nepal and local periphery.
- Experience in conducting in-depth gender-based research, study and analysis including community led-participatory assessment/analysis.
- Demonstrated ability to work with government institutions to design and implement gender and social inclusion strategies and action plans.
- Excellent skills in capacity building of organization, diverse target groups and individual in GVB issues.
- Excellent interpersonal, facilitation, communication, negotiation and networking skill.
- Strong documentation and report writing skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Ability to work under pressure.
How to apply?
Interested candidates are requested to submit their application along with a covering letter, recent bio-data, a passport size photo and a copy citizenship by 10th June, 2020 to the following address.
Nepal Disabled Women Association (NDWA)
email: [email protected]
- Priority will give to those with prior experience on disability issues with special focused on Women & Women with Disability (in case of disability, candidate must submit disability identity card).
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- Short listed candidates will be contacted for an assessment process.
- No Telephone calls or personal inquiries will be entertained
Person with disability and Women with disability highly preferred for this vacancies