Purpose: The position holder ensures the quality of program delivery and the achievement of agreed outcomes in accordance with program design. S/he is responsible to achieve a rights-based, gender transformative and inclusive program. The position holder will also lead on influence work approach in program implementation, ensuring efficient technical support to partner NGOs. S/he is accountable for leading the innovation and ensuring lessons learnt are constantly integrated in program interventions, thus continuously improving efficiency and effectiveness.
Term and Location: Fixed term employment till 31 July 2021 based in Nepalgunj Field Office.
Required Qualifications & Experiences:
- Master’s Degree in social science, Social Work, Gender, Women Studies, Development Studies preferred or relevant field. preferably with specialization on child Protection
- At least four years of demonstrated experience working in a mid-level leading and managing child protection program/Projects
- Advanced knowledge and experience of International and National child rights and protection program, project and policies
- Experience of development and humanitarian issues affecting children, women and families
- Demonstrated experience in successfully using key influencing strategies such as advocacy, lobbying and movement building
- Strong knowledge of child and women’s rights and gender justice
- Good understanding of the development and NGO sector.
- Essential experience of working with coalitions and networks.
- Contribute in the process of drafting and finalising program sector proposals working with program team at Field Office along with partner staff aligning with country strategy
- Ensure that the project you are responsible is gender transformative and inclusive
- Ensure that the Child Marriage Project builds on and generates evidence to inform Plan’s influencing agenda
- Ensure effective program partnerships in Child Marriage Project including meaningful participation and efficient use of resources to meet the project objectives and outcomes set out in the Country Strategy
- Provide technical support in design and development of Child Protection strategy/mechanism to Municipality/Rural Municipalities focusing to reduce child marriage.
- Provide direct supervision to partner NGO on management of Child Marriage Project with regards to different technical/practical challenges
- Ensure that Plan’s contractual obligations on project targets and deliverables are met by responsible staff and implementation partners
- Make regular program reviews and provide feedback to the project team and partners with report to Supervisor and Areas Manager
- Ensure that relevant policies and procedures of Plan International Nepal and government of Nepal have been respected and complied with
- Ensure high degree of technical expertise while designing and implementing projects relevant to technical specifications/standards
- Contribute as a Cluster lead in cluster meetings and contribute to Emergency response Team for project design, developing response plan and delivery. Oversight and guide Emergency response projects when necessary as technical heads
- Develop concept notes in coordination with Business Development Team meeting the quality and standard of the donors/NO
- Support partner organizations to ensure full compliance with grant conditions
- Donor reports and progress are shared and monitored for continual improvement
- Ensure that timely and quality implementation is guaranteed at partner level, this might include regular meeting, coaching, mentoring, follow up and coordination
- Liaise with different teams within plan/outside plan for the implementation of integrated programmes (e.g. education, WASH, Health and ECD)
- Ensure that all partners and staff are equipped with the required capacity to implement program by conducting an annual capacity assessment
- Knowledge management through, sharing good practice, lessons learned ensuring that Child Protection is mainstreamed in all other sectors
- Conduct regular reviews of budgets and work plans to ensure compliance with donor specific requirements and address any changes to the original plan in time.
- Ensure effective project monitoring by taking necessary corrective actions that are being followed up and reviewed periodically
- Regularly monitor and visit field program, identify gaps and needs, suggest practical ways and means to further improve and maintain quality programming.
- Review project documents and progress report to ensure activities carried out are of quality and implemented punctually.
- Assess the partner’s capacity in terms of technical skills for project delivery, design a training plan to enhance their capacity and monitor it regularly in coordination with Supervisor, Area Manager and Head of Child Protection Program
- Identify partners capacity gaps and ensure the necessary coaching, mentoring and training activities to for quality project implementation
- Identify learning and training opportunities for project and partners’ staff and work as a mentor and role model for less experienced staff by guiding them properly.
- Lead sectoral networking and representation and build relationships and alliances with relevant networks, government bodies, federations and other agencies at RM/M, district and provincial levels
- Represent Plan in relevant committees, professional networks and sectoral clusters to maintain organisation’s professional image on the sector