TEAM/PROGRAMME: Program Operations Department (POD)
Type of Contract: Fixed term till December 2018
LOCATION: Pyuthan and Kapilvastu under Western Field Office (WFO)
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people.
The Project Coordinator – School Health & Nutrition (SHN) and Adolescent Sexual Reproductive Health (ASRH) for CASP is overall responsible for providing strategic and managerial support in SHN and ASRH funded by CASP in the West Region. S/he is responsible to develop capacity of the partners (Partner NGOs and Government collaborating partner ie District Health Offices, District Education Offices to implement SHN activities) through various approaches including coaching and on the job capacity building on the education and Health & Nutrition theme. The Program Coordinator – SHN & ASRH for CASP will also have responsibilities for Improving the SHN & ASRH programme in the fields (in collaboration with the Regional Program Manager, Sr. Project Coordinator –CASP and other thematic managers and advisors). S/he is also responsible for ensuring quality delivery of SHN and ASRH programs as per government national policy, plan, program and standards at implementing sites by maximizing the impact as per the country strategy and best utilizing the available resources to attain Health & Nutrition goal of Save the Children adhering to Save the Children’s national strategy, and with Save the Children’s global initiatives, supported by the Sr. Project Coordinator – CASP in the impact areas. S/he provides technical and programmatic support for nutrition program with knowledge management skill and involvement on research and surveys. S/he represents in different core groups, forums, meetings and consultations on policy and technical issues related to nutrition.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY :
Project Planning and budgeting
- Provide clear direction/guidance in planning and budgeting of SHN and ASRH program funded by CASP in accordance with the guidelines, framework, policies and country strategy plan in the region.
- Provide guidance to partner organizations in designing cost effective and result oriented program in collaboration with the Government for immediate and long lasting changes in the lives of children.
- Ensure/support partners to develop plan and budget along with Detail Implementation Plan (DIP) and phased budget
- Ensure and review that the plans and budget submitted by partner organisations are in line with SC’s Theory of Change and Country Strategic Plan, SC member’s priorities and align with the Government’s national priority plan & policies.
- Jointly plan program activities with DHO and DEO and facilitate to sign MoU.
- Ensure the partners implement the plan & budget as set in the detail implementation plan and phased budget, and provide support for recovery plan if required to achieve the result.
- Ensure adequate managerial and technical support to the partner organisations to implement detail implementation plan and phased budget.
- Ensure the sustainability of activities implemented under SHN intervention through social mobilization and on coordination with government stakeholders
Project Review & Monitoring
- Monitor the budget vs expenses tracking every month provide feedback if required.
- Conduct regular field visits with appropriate tools and checklists, including discussions with beneficiaries on program effectiveness, and feedback on improvements
- Ensure regular program implementation, and monitor to identify strengths and weaknesses of the project and share respective organization team for appropriate action.
- Conduct the review of progress made by the partner organizations including government line agencies on quarterly basis and identifies the areas where they need to improve in terms of capacity building, cost efficiency, efficient use of staffs and help them to make necessary changes in their original plans if required.
- Facilitate joint review meeting and joint monitoring visits along with government agencies ( DHO and DEO on SHN in the project site)
- Involve and support on research and surveys carried out through the project
- Ensure the partners conduct analytical discussion on project reports before submitted to SC.
- Ensure that quality reports are submitted on time by the partners and SC staffs.
- Prepare quality reports as per SC and donor the requirements
- Assist supervisor to prepare and submit semi-annual and annual reports on time.
- Ensure government line agencies and health facilities/schools have submitted report on time.
Capacity Development of SC, partners and stakeholders
- Lead, manage and motivate SC & partner staff and make sure they have clear objectives, results and work plans and receive meaningful feedback on their performance regularly
- Lead on capacity building of partner staff through coaching, mentoring and training
- Design and develop training manual and facilitate in building capacity of partners, and stakeholders to ensure effective implementation of different training, workshops, meetings and seminars.
Partnership management and Project Compliance
- Ensure that the partners the organisational policies, GO, SC’ and donor’s requirements in time.
- Ensure with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
Coordination, Collaboration and networking
- Enhance Coordination linkages/networking with district line agencies and like minded organisations for effective implementation of SHN and ASRH programs, policy advocacy and sharing of best practices
- Maintain close relation with other themes, and identify areas to work collaboratively to bring synergy, especially with Education
- In coordination with the Sr. Project Coordinator – CASP represent Save the Children at local, district, regional, national, international levels and humanitarian community when and if required
- Active participation in all nutrition related technical working groups at district and regional level
- Work as focal person of Save the Children dual mandate of development programs as well as being the leader in Emergency preparedness and response for children in Health & Nutrition in the region
- Master degree (MPH) preferred
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- 3-5 years work experience in similar field.
"Qualified candidates from minorities, indigenous groups, women and people with disabilities from local level are highly encouraged to apply"