CONTRACT LENGTH: Fixed-term grant
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
The Project Coordinator - Education is overall responsible for providing technical and managerial leadership in Early Learning Pooled Fund in the Eastern and Western Field Offices (EFO). Besides overall management of this project at the respective district, s/he is also responsible to closely work with the resource organization to develop capacity of the local structures and other relevant stakeholders especially with regard to formulation of ECCD policies, strategies and plans at municipal and provincial level through various approaches including coaching and on-the-job capacity building initiatives.
The position holder is responsible for ensuring quality delivery of education programs at implementing sites by maximizing the impact as per the country strategy. S/He will ensure technical support, quality monitoring, financial and partnership management with relevant stakeholders in close consultation with country office team and field team, best utilizing the available resources to attain education goal of Save the Children, supported by the Project Coordinator at country office.
The position holder also stands for quality monitoring and backstopping support to the local and provincial structure and other relevant stakeholders.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Prepare district wise Detailed Implementation Plan (DIP) for Early Learning Pooled Fund Project and ensure its effective implementation, and also prepare recovery plan if required to achieve the result
- Work closely with the provincial government, local government, district stakeholders and resource organization and experts to execute the activities as stipulated in DIP.
- Coordinate, collaborate and mobilize the local and provincial government with regard to ECCD policy, strategy and plan formulation at provincial and municipal level.
- Work closely with the Education Development and Coordination Unit of the respective district to invite support in the process of developing ECCD policy, strategy and plan.
- Ensure that a well comprehensive ECCD policy, strategy and plan document in each Palika is prepared and disseminate at Palika, Province and District level.
- In close coordination with education advisor and project coordinator, lead, manage and motivate resource organization, municipal staffs/stakeholders and make sure they have clear objectives, results and work plans and receive meaningful feedback on ECCD policy formulation process regularly
- Provide technical input and have regular follow ups to local government to develop ECCD policies, strategies and plans in the most cost effective and efficient manner.
- Ensure and review that the activities are conducted in line with SC’s strategy and quality framework.
- Ensure that all provincial and local government received significant support and benefit from programs in the project areas
- Hold regular meetings/interactions with local and provincial structures to ensure the smooth implementation of project activities.
Project Review, Monitoring & Compliance:
- Review the activity plan and track the progress jointly with project coordinator at CO in a monthly basis.
- Monitor the budget vs. expenses tracking every month and make adjustment when required in close consultation to the project coordinator at country office.
- Ensure logistic and procurement supports are properly managed as per the requirement of the project
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
- Conduct analytical discussion with the stakeholders, prepare project reports and submit to SC country office
- Prepare and ensure that high quality reports meeting donor requirements (if applicable) are submitted on time.
- Assist line manager to prepare and submit semi-annual and annual reports on time
Capacity Development of local stakeholders:
- In collaboration with resource organization, assist on capacity building of municipal staffs through coaching, mentoring and training especially for ECCD policy and plan formulation.
- Contribute resource organization in designing and developing meeting/training/workshop menu and facilitate in building capacity of municipal staffs/stakeholders to formulate ECCD policy, strategy and plans.
Coordination, Collaboration and Networking:
- Enhance Coordination linkages/networking with district line agencies at municipal level and like-minded organizations for effective implementation of Early Learning Project, advocacy and sharing of best practices and lesson learnt
- Maintain close relation with other themes especially with education and child rights and identify areas to work collaboratively to bring synergy in the effective project implementation
- Utilize local, provincial and national forums to share the learning of ECCD policy, strategy and plan formulation process in close coordination with education advisor and project coordinator.
- Represent Save the Children at local, district and provincial, levels and humanitarian community when and if required.
Occasional Duties/ Humanitarian:
- Work as focal person of Save the Children dual mandate of development programs as well as being the leader in Emergency preparedness and response for children in education in the region
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice):
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATION AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master's degree or equivalent in Education or related Social Science(s)
- At least 3 years of working experience in managing Education projects/programs preferably at I/NGOs
- Interpersonal communication and coordination
- Leadership & management
- Program designing
- Advocacy & lobbying
- Resource mobilization
- Reporting writing and analytical skills
- Training, coaching, & mentoring