LOCATION: Field Office, Rajbiraj under EFO
Type of Contract: Fixed Term
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3 – the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
The Project Coordinator – AD&Livelihoodswill bring significant experience to developing and implementing Save the Children’s strategy for AD and Livelihoods under Sponsorship Program ensuring that they are institutionalized within the existing project cycle management. The position holder will have a key role in establishing and ensuring project implementation quality and innovation in the district including designing, planning, budgeting, capacity building, monitoring and reporting. S/he will be specifically responsiblefor technical componentsof Livelihoods interventions within non-core AD Livelihoods component. .S/he will focus primarily onproviding technical supports to partner NGOs in designing and implementing both on-farm and off-farm livelihoods interventions as guided by Save the Children’s strategy. S/he will be more engaged in providing hands on technical supports to PNGOs staff, volunteers and farmers groups to help implement AD and Livelihoods interventions. S/he will also be responsible to strengthening of partners capacities through training, coaching and backstopping. .
S/hewill also have innovative and relevant ideas on development of effective options for livelihood promotions for poor and ultra-poor communities of the project areas. S/he has to explore affordable and acceptable options for sustainable livelihood options for the marginalized communities at the fields in closecollaboration with relevant and like-minded organisation and stakeholders i.e. DADO, DLSO, I/NGOs and in well consultation of the Supervisor and the Thematic Managers. S/he is also responsible for ensuring quality delivery of inputs at implementing sites tomaximizing impact and achieving value for money. . S/he ensures quality monitoring, financial supervision & backstopping, data/OPMIS management, documentation and the relevant logistics arrangements in close consultation and supports of Line Manager.S/he will provide technical guidance in utilising available resources to achieving sustainable livelihood outcomes
Reports to: Sr. Program Coordinator – CASP
Staff directly reporting to this post:
Indirectly reporting to this post: PNGOs
Ensuring Quality of Programs / Projects
- Take responsibility in the district in preparation of detailed implementation plan (DIP) and phased budget with Partners in accordance with the guidelines, framework, policies and country strategy paper.
- Provide technical and compliance based guidance to partner organizations in designing cost effective and result oriented program in collaboration with the relevant stakeholders for immediate and long lasting changes in the lives of children.
- Ensure and review the plans and budget submitted by partner organisations in line with SC’s Theory of Change and Country Strategic Plan, SC member’s priorities and align with the government’s national priority, plan & policies.
- Ensure that all sponsored children received significant benefit from programs in the sponsorship project areas.
- Conceptualize and prepare a framework for AD to reach out of school adolescents/youths, particularly from sponsored adolescents/youths, Dalit, marginalized and disadvantaged communities.
- Ensure the implementations of partners’ plan and budget as stipulated in the detail implementation plan and phased budget, and provide support for recovery plan if required to achieve the result.
- Ensure adequate hands-on and technical support to the partner organisations to implement detail implementation plan and phased budget.
- Ensure delivery and quality of the program and budget spent on time as per DIP and producing intended result.
- Provide technical support to partner NGOs for community mobilization and ensure community mobilized by partner NGOs to implement overall CASP program integrating with livelihood interventions for better life options of youth and children.
Project Review and Monitoring
- Monitor the budget vs. expenses tracking every month and conduct on site budget vs. expenses in partner organisations and provide feedback if required.
- Ensure monthly progress through Online Project Management Information System (OPMIS) updated.
- Conduct regular field visits with appropriate tools and checklists, including discussions with beneficiaries on program effectiveness, and feedback on improvements.
- Conduct regular (monthly) analysis of program implementation, and monitor to identify strengths and weaknesses of the project and share the team for appropriate action.
- Conduct the review of progress made by the partner organizations on quarterly basis and identifies the areas where they need to improve in terms of capacity building, cost efficiency, efficient use of staff members and help them to make necessary changes in their original plans if required.
- Provide technical support to partner NGOs by conducting regular field visits andsupport-meetings during project implementation.
- Support in preparation of tools for monitoring and documentation as necessary and train PNGOs’ staff on their uses working with M&E team. Take measures to mobilize concrete achievements of livelihoods to leverage programs under health, education and protection.
- Ensure the analytical discussion of partners on project reports before submitting to SC.
- Ensure the submission of high quality reports to SC and submission also by the partners.
- Assist Line Manager to prepare and submit semi-annual and annual reports on time.
- Set up data base systems (i.e. OPMIS and others) at partner organizations level and use information from data base to track projects / program progress on monthly basis.
Capacity Development of SC, partners and stakeholders
- Organize regular field visits to assess the technical capacity of partner staff and to coach, capacitate and backstop them at sites.
- Coach and motivate SC and partner staff and make sure they have clear objectives, results and work plans and receive meaningful feedback on their performance regularly.
- Support in capacity building of SC and partner staff through coaching, mentoring and training.
- Support in designing and developing of training manualsby conducting need assessments and facilitate in capacity building of partners, and stakeholders to ensure effective implementation of different training, workshops, meetings and seminars.
Partnership management and Project Compliance
- Ensure that the partners comply the organisational policies, GO, SC and donor’s requirements in time.
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, livelihood, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Ensure adequate supports and technical backstopping to partner organizations to enhance their organizational capacity for better performance.
- Ensure smooth and professional relationship with PNGOs during program/project period.
Coordination, Collaboration and Networking
- Enhance coordination linkages/networking with district line agencies and likeminded organisations for effective implementation of AD/youth livelihood programs, policy advocacy andsharing of best practices.
- Maintain close relationship with other themes especially with Health & Nutrition, Child Protection and Child Rights Governance and identify the areas for better synergy and to work collaboratively.
- Promote networking and coordination at the region and on district level with other NGOs and government line agencies to maximize use of resources to support adolescents and youths of the impact areas.
- In coordination with the Line Manager, represent Save the Children at local, district, regional, national, international levels and at humanitarian community when and if required.
- Represent AD/youth livelihood and community mobilization program in the district, central and international level as per need.
- Participate in strategic planning of AD/youth livelihood and community mobilization.
Humanitarian and emergency response:
- Supporting Save the Children’s dual mandate of development programs- provides support to humanitarian response/relief and emergency preparedness.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCES:
- Master degree in Rural Development, Agriculture, Livelihoodsor other relevant field with minimum of 3 years (2 years candidates from GSI group) of relevant experience.
- Experiences on designing and developing options for livelihood promotions for poor and ultra-poor communities
- Ability to identify and explore main in adolescents’ development and in livelihoods of marginalized communities and developing holistic response for better life of children.
- Experiences of working in integrated programme with multidisciplinary team Diversified experiences in training & capacity building, particularly in strengthening of various duty bearers’ response to adolescent development and on adolescent and livelihood issues.
- Previous experience of project and people management.
- Experience of and commitment to working through systems of community participation and accountability.