Position: Project Coordinator
Require No: 1
Job Location: Relief Nepal Office with frequent field visit
Duration: 11 months with possibility of extension
Purpose: Project Coordinator will lead the overall project portfolio below Two hundred thousand (in figure 200,000) USD budget per annum to implement provided sectors with a cohesive integration among sectors and cross cutting themes. The child wellbeing outcomes will be the key focus to strengthen the sustainability efforts with community groups and in government systems. The team will be led with strong motivation and effective workforce management to manage effective implementation through comprehensive planning and problem solving approaches. This position has imperativeness to highlight key successes and evidences of the project through validated data, effective information management systems and case studies.
This position expects to have agile leadership to manage multiple priorities, adapting to change and incorporate learning in the Project and managerial scope. The incumbent is expected to maintain a good coordination and collaboration with internal and relevant external stakeholders to effectively manage Project. Along with this, there should be strong focus on Project sustainability efforts as envisioned by the given projects and Project.
This position requires to be innovative and problem solving skills to adapt to changes and multiple priorities. The incumbent strives in empowering community groups, households and institutions to address and manage the issues to sustain. The local resources are managed well to effectively run the project interventions for a longer run.
This position expects to maintain a strong professionalism and role modeling for the team and others to demonstrate integrity, accountability, passion, commitment and strong team spirit. The incumbent should be able to work independently and interdependently managing every kind of situation and contexts. The major responsibilities with relevant key capabilities stated below are envisioned to be able to lead the organization meeting the expected deliverables confidently.
The incumbent strives in empowering community groups, households and institutions to address and manage the issues to sustain. The local resources are managed well to effectively run the project interventions for a longer run.
This position requires to be innovative and problem-solving skills to adapt to changes and multiple priorities.
- Portfolio Management (portfolio Project, reports, risks, problem solving, team, governance) 40%
- Solid Projects Quality and Technical Management (MEAL data/information, technical Project, project models, integration of sectors including sponsorship / cross cutting themes-GESI, DRR) 20%
- Community empowerment and engagements at different level for sustainability – 15%
- Evidence of Programs Impact or Result collection/compilation to be shared at/for wider platform15%
- Strong Relationship and Partnership Management (internal and external) – 10%
- Develop comprehensive operational calendar highlighting key milestones and financial projections
- Ability to integrate multiple projects and cross cutting themes to contribute to strategic objectives and child wellbeing outcomes
- Identifying potential risks, developing mitigation strategies and effective risk management in place
- Guide the team in achieving community empowerment and promote sustainability drivers
- Prepare quality reporting to share with different stakeholders as per the requirements and needs
- A strong financial and supply chain management leadership to manage Project effectively and stewardship principles are adhered well
- Integrated workforce management to be more strategic and effective in delivering results
- Lead in effective governance, child and adult safe organization compliances and are practiced well
- Conduct periodic review and reflection to accommodate failures and successes appropriately
- All the audits are conducted timely and responded appropriately against the corrective measures
- Lead the team to manage the provided resources with efficient and responsible manner
- Conduct periodic staff performance appraisals against the set performance objectives contributing to Project deliverables with proper performance management system in place
- Demonstrate strong leadership to coach, mentor and guide the team in delivering their plan/tasks
- Conduct regular capacity assessment of Project team and provide needful support to demonstrate better leadership
- Promote agile and strategic leadership to manage challenges, pressing priorities and multiple stakeholders’ requirements in different contexts and circumstances
- Support and encourage the team to adapt to change and also ability to accommodate new learning and guidance/requirements including the contexts such as emergencies
Monitoring & Evaluations
- Lead the team in managing validated data and information to reflect Project results timely
- Support team in best utilize the provided digital platforms to input correct data and regular review and analysis of the data and information
- Strongly lead the team in maintaining integrity in data and information management
- Provide factual and accurate data and information as required by the system or requirements timely
- Produce periodic reports on community feedback, MEAL results in order to review, analyze and make corrective measures to excel quality delivery timely
- Develop strong coordination with local, district and provincial government to profile Project advocacy efforts with appropriate means and platforms
- Convene strategic coordination and collaborations with relevant stakeholders to share the resources and produce greater impact
- Provide strong and strategic leadership on team cohesion to avoid conflict and promote encouraging and conducive working environment
- Manage effective communication and coordination with staff, PNGO board and all relevant stakeholders to manage Project effectively
Child and adult safe guarding and sponsorship business
- Manage all the working environment in the office and working areas are child and adult sensitive
- Guide the team and organization in managing protection related matters appropriately
- Lead the organization in complying with all child and adult safe guarding policies, requirements and audits
- Manage all the sponsorship businesses as per the protocols and guidance provided by WVIN
- Registered children participation are well reflected in the provided reporting platforms
- Ensure operationalization of World Vision’s Child Sponsorship standards, Development Project Standards and sponsorship integration in all phases of programming
Academic Qualification and Experience:
- Bachelor Degree in the given sector, management, social science or business studies with minimum 3 years working experience in managing multiple projects with diverse team or
- Master degree in the relevant field, management, social science of business studies preferred with minimum of 2 years of work experience in managing multiple projects with diverse team
- Proven ability to manage risks and promote governance to contribute on strategic outcomes
- Experience working with children and their wellbeing in both development or emergency contexts
- Have a good technical knowledge and experience on sector, data and information management
- Proven project management and financial management experience
- Diverse team management to yield quality results within the stipulated time period
- Presentation skill to highlight on the areas of success and failures with qualitative and quantitative data and relevant information
Application Deadline: 20th Oct, 2020
Interested candidates, meeting the above requirements, are requested to submit their application including
- A motivational letter
- An updated CV with details of at least two references (One from last employer)
- Candidates should must mention his/ her E- mail ID and contact number with latest Pass port size photo.
E-mail: [email protected] or apply through merojob system clearly indicating the position with vacancy code in the subject line
Only short-listed candidates will be contacted for written test and interview. Telephone enquiries will not be entrained. Organization reserves all the rights to reject any or all application without assigning any reasons.