Reports to: Chairperson of KVSS
Direct Reports: Program Leads
Accountable to: Programs Director with Blink Now Foundation
Key Responsibility: Overall responsible to strengthen and develop each program to ensure we are meeting the objectives of our 10-year strategic plan. This includes working with the BlinkNow Programs Director to set annual goals and priorities, supervising and supporting program leaders, implementing, monitoring, documenting, and reporting of projects in close coordination with Program Leaders, ensuring quality results and reporting.
Essential Job Functions: Duties and Responsibilities
- Works closely with BlinkNow Programs Director to understand the strategic vision for each program area. Must meet all BlinkNow’s reporting and communication expectations.
- Communicates strategic vision to program leads and staff that reflects the strategic plan.
- Supervises program leaders including weekly meetings, informal mentorship, frequent formal feedback, and annual performance reviews.
- Provides strategic guidance, strong leadership and ensures technically sound decision-making processes in coordination with the Chairperson and Programs Director.
- Reviews all monthly program reports for accuracy, conveying the report to KVSS Chairperson and BlinkNow Programs Director.
- Reviews and approves program budgets monthly expenditures of each program as per the KVSS policy. Conducts cost analysis on foreseen overages and works with BlinkNow Programs Director and KVSS Chairperson to report change requests as required.
- Manages timelines and expectations for all program-level activities, ensuring program leads are completing key activities according to program design and strategic plan.
- Serves as the first point of escalation for all program-level risks and issues. Risks and issues should be tracked, monitored, mitigated, communicated, and resolved in a time-sensitive manner.
- Deeply understands the strategic plan for all program areas, ensuring all programs are completing objectives on time.
- Formally conducts needs analysis to inform programmatic decisions and recommendations as required.
- Builds relationships with local donors and partners.
- Supports occasional local grant efforts.
- Tracks and reports on all spent Community Support Funds.
- Puts our children and guardians first in decision making processes.
- Promotes the vision, mission, and strategic goals of BlinkNow Foundation and KVSS.
- Displays cultural, gender, religion, race, nationality and age sensitivity and adaptability.
- Demonstrated experience with multi-thematic programs management, theory of change, monitoring, and success metrics and adapting from learnings. Strong interpersonal skills to effectively and diplomatically work with a large array of stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience with managerial and team development skills.
- Strong project management skills including budgeting, planning, and goal setting.
- Able to coordinate with state and non-state actors as per necessity and demands of the project activities.
- Demonstrates openness to change and ability to manage complexities.
- Well organized, detail-oriented and problem solving skills.
- At least a Bachelor's in Management, Social Sciences, nonprofit management or related field (Masters preferred)
- 6 years experience in multi-thematic program management and team management.
- At least 5 years of working experience in any of these areas: education, child rights, child protection, gender equity and social inclusion, programming, women empowerment.
- Experience in program design, monitoring and evaluation of development projects is a plus.
- Experience working in a multicultural environment.
- Proven track record and sound knowledge on children and women related projects.
- Must be proficient in both written and verbal English and Nepali.
- Ability to diplomatically and effectively present information to government officials, donors, public groups and community members.
- MS Word, Excel, MS Power Point, other standard software.
Contract Duration: The contract will be open ended, renewed annually, having three months’ probation period in the beginning.
Benefit: Salary/Time Off/SSF/Health Benefits as per the policy of Kopila Valley Sewa Samaj