Looking to expand the scope of its business, IDS Group is seeking creative, hardworking individuals with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, a keen eye for detail and passion for journalism.
- Successful interns are committed to quality journalism, have strong knowledge of local and international issues, a keen interest in the digital media landscape
- They will have the opportunity to work closely with a team of seasoned journalists, participate in the editorial process and end the year with a stack of professional clips
- The interns must be calm, well-organized and able to juggle several tasks to cope with the often hectic work environment. The prospective journalist must be able to persuade sometimes reluctant officials to talk and be prepared to interview victims and family members touched by crime or accidents
- They will contribute in a variety of ways, including but not limited to: supporting the team with multimedia storytelling, YouTube channel and social content; transcribing interviews; fact-checking and conducting research; organizing media; and participating in story development and production meetings
- The candidates should be detail-orientated, have strong writing and research skills, the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, and have the confidence to pitch story ideas
- Interns who excel may be considered for other opportunities, including junior reporting roles with the group’s media wing if required standards are met
- This intern will be assigned to the programming team, which curates the homepage and mobile app
- There will be opportunities to sharpen our homepage headlines, write engaging push alerts and edit some of our key landing pages
Note: Current college students and recent graduates are welcome to apply. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted. All submissions will be treated as confidential.