Position: Programme Component Manager
Duty Station: Kathmandu
Deutsche Gesellschaft für Internationale Zusammenarbeit (GIZ) GmbH invites applications from suitable and qualified individuals for Energising Development(EnDev) programme in Nepal. Nepal, EnDev supports the local market development of renewable energies in households, social institutions and small and medium-sized enterprises (SMEs). In rural electrification, EnDev-Nepal supports
- Community Rural Electrification Entities (CREEs) and local governments for grid extension in collaboration with the National Association of Community Electricity Users-Nepal (NACEUN).
- Community Rural Electrification Entities (CREEs) for grid densification targeting marginalized groups.
- The construction, rehabilitation and grid interconnection of Micro-Hydro-Power-Plants through technical assistance and through a Micro-Hydro-Debt-Fund in collaboration with the Alternative Energy Promotion Centre (AEPC)
In the area of clean cooking energy, EnDev-Nepal supports the development of a sustainable market for e-cooking devices in semi-urban and rural areas through its implementing partners.
- Implementation of the Nepal country measure and the proper provision of services and use of funds, in close coordination with the management of the global project
- Translation of the project conception into concrete planning and implementation of activities to achieve the objectives of the country intervention
- Content, organisational and financial management
- Representation of country action to policy actors
- Leadership of employees according to the principles of cooperation and leadership
- Control of external evaluators and follow-up of service delivery
- Dialogue and coordination with political partners, donors, implementing partners and clients
- Design and coordination of reporting, impact monitoring and evaluations
- Cooperation and support for the coherent design and development of the GIZ energy portfolio in Nepal, in close coordination with the country directorate or portfolio management
Required qualification and experience:
- Completed university studies in the field of energy, climate, environment or comparable qualification
- Seven years of professional experience in international cooperation, preferably in the energy sector
- Sound knowledge of the energy sector, at least basic understanding of decentralised renewable energies and energy access
- Management competence as well as strong solution and result orientation
- Leadership experience in managing international teams
- Commercial knowledge, experience in the implementation of co-financing (e.g. EU) are an advantage
- Excellent self-organisation, cultural sensitivity and resilient
- Good negotiating skills for policy and technical advice at all hierarchical levels
- Business fluent English.