Sikaru Saathi is a
Karkhana Samuha led program with the objective to promote a creative approach
to learning about e-waste and encourage playful curiosity to be deeply engaged
in learning about an important and relevant issue. The program will build onto
the Sikaru Saathi toolkit, which was created by
Karkhana Samuha through the support of the Lang Social Impact Fellowship (LSIF)
and Doko Recyclers.
Bootcamp is an innovative and exciting platform for youths aged 18-24 years
which offers a hands-on approach to learning about e-waste through building a
culture of repair.
The Program Officer for Sikaru Saathi will play a key role in the successful implementation of the project. This position involves planning, coordinating, and overseeing project activities, managing relationships with participants and stakeholders, and ensuring that project goals and objectives are met. The Program Officer will also be responsible for monitoring and evaluation activities to track the progress of the project.
1. Project Coordination:
- Coordinate with the local municipality and govt. Institutions to get approval and ensure the project compliance
- Coordinate with trainers and participants and schedule project activities, workshops, and events.
- Coordinate with the Communication Officer to plan digital media campaigns for the Sikaru Saathi toolkit
- Execute the program budget in coordination with the Senior Finance Officer.
- Ensure that project timelines are met and that all activities are carried out efficiently.
2. Participant Engagement:
- Recruit and liaise with youth participants, ensuring diversity and inclusivity in the program.
- Conduct orientations and provide ongoing support to participants for their campaigns
- Maintain regular communication with participants to address their needs and concerns.
3. Monitoring and Evaluation:
- Implement and track the monitoring and evaluation framework to assess project outcomes.
- Collect and analyze data to measure the impact of the project and identify areas for improvement.
- Maintain accurate records of project activities, expenses, and outcomes.
- Prepare reports and updates for internal and external dissemination.
4. Campaign Support:
- Assist selected youth participants in designing and running their own e-waste management campaigns.
- Provide guidance and resources to help participants develop effective campaigns.
5. Stakeholder Engagement:
- Collaborate with local government stakeholders, US Embassy representatives, and other relevant parties for the success of the local-level event.
- Facilitate communication and coordination with key stakeholders.
- A bachelor's degree in a relevant field
- Experience in project management, particularly in youth-focused initiatives.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Knowledge of e-waste management and environmental issues is a plus.
- Familiarity with diversity, equity, inclusion, and accessibility (DEIA) principles.
- Proficiency in data collection and analysis.