Duty Station: Kathmandu
The Program Officer (HRD, VAW and Youth) will work under direct supervision from Program Manager, District Coordinator and Communication Coordinator, lead overall implementation of Addressing Violence against Women (VAW) and Human Rights Defenders Programme in district level, track implementation and achievements to ensure accountability and efficiency of program.
Program Officer works in close coordination with concerned Manager, Coordinators and WOREC's networks in achieving the goal and objectives of Capacity Development and Security of HRD program. Program Officer is mainly responsible for training coordination, workshops and Interaction program planning, implementing, monitoring, reporting, documenting, stakeholder communications, publication and coordination with central office and communities.
The candidate should have Bachelor’s Degree in Social Sciences, Rural Development or related discipline with good knowledge on training coordination, understanding of development sector, rights based approach, and 3 years working experience in program. The candidate should have knowledge of local and regional context of human rights and rights based Approach and ability to write and communicate effectively in both Nepali and English languages. (Refer to JD for details)
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the annual plan of Addressing Holistic Security and Capacity Development of HRDs program is implemented effectively, documented as per the standard and reported timely.
- Coordinate and communicate with the funding partner for the implementation of HRDs capacity enhancement program and ensure all Violence against Women (VAW) Programme activities are correctly undertaken and the evidence (data/photos/report) are produced and documented at the district level.
- Support the Researcher (thematic consultant) for planning, and carrying out the research activities on VAW and Protection of HRDs.
- Monitor the progress and ensure quality by tracking program implementation and reporting on timely basis and making necessary adjustments to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Coordinate and conduct the training of holistic security of HRDs and consultations with WOREC's networks, allies and stakeholders for addressing HRDs' Security issues, GBV issues and collaborate with CSOs for advocacy campaign for safe public spaces.
- Support Programme Manager and District Coordinator in the development of annual plan and prepare annual, quarterly and monthly plan of activities and coordinate with human right activists for the implementation of activities effectively in order to achieve expected outcomes,
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports to Concerned Supervisor.
- Perform periodic review of project budget versus expenditure with support from Finance Unit and ensure planning of activities based and guided by budget availability. Understand budgetary aspects of assigned program and ensure that budget is well regarded while planning and conducting activities.
- Coordinate and lead all capacity enhancement activities within the project at district level.
- Organize training, workshop, interaction programs and public hearings with handling logistics at local and provincial level.
- Carry out the activities from feminist perspective and from women's human rights perspective.
- Identify the issues to be covered in each events and programs and work for further improvement.
- Strengthen community partnership with structured dialogues and communications.
- Organize and analyse cases of violence against women including preparation of case studies.
- Work according to the organization’s and project’s need.
WOREC Nepal encourages women and candidates from dalit/Janjati and sexual minority to apply.
Qualified candidates may send cover letter detailing their experience and motivation for the current position with an updated CV to [email protected] by 27th October, 2020. The position will be fulfilled on a rolling basis, so candidates are encouraged to apply early.
Please mention the district you are applying for in the cover letter.
The application without cover letter and CV will not be considered for the position.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for written test and interview. No telephone calls will be entertained.
For details visit: http://worecnepal.org/career