Type: Full time
Requirements: Bachelor’s degree with at least one year of experience in education sector
Work station: Mahabai Rural Municipality, Kalikot
Duties and Responsibilities:
The role of the Program Manager for Education will be to provide leadership and direction in Oda Foundation programming and growth as it relates to education. The Program Manager will also take part in high-level conversations surrounding the growth strategy and future plan of the Foundation, thus a high level of maturity, leadership, and critical thinking skills are essential.
This role will oversee a partnership between the Oda Foundation with the public school as well as the new partnership with the Mahabai Rural Municipality. This individual will be responsible for working hand-in-hand with the Municipality representatives and administrators, school administrators, SMC, parents, teachers, and Oda Foundation to implement better policies and practices towards enhanced learning outcomes with the Shree Tila Model School as a priority and enhancing Oda Foundation’s ability to impact other public schools in the Municipality alongside.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working alongside Oda F. leadership and public system officers, to create and strengthen Education Department’s plans and programs
- Navigating key stakeholder relationships including: local community members, local leaders, Rural Municipality representatives, district-level officers as well as possible non-government partners and supporters
- Working closely at a regular basis in the co-management of the Oda Foundation’s partnering public school
- Co-designing, developing and implementing action plan for the new education partnership at with the Municipality, which may include activities like teacher training
- Supervising and managing performance of the Education team and supporting foreign and national Fellows team and volunteers on a daily basis
- Working with the school staff to support daily plans, teaching, lesson plans and trainings
- Enhancing parents and community’s investment in education system through rigorous community engagement programs
- Rigorous data collection, media collection and regular department reporting
- Serving on the Senior Leadership Team to support inter-department collaboration, understanding and overall organization development
- Supporting fundraising and partnerships for Education Department
Competence to demonstrate:
- A Bachelor's degree
- Experience in data collection and analysis
- Keen interest in public education system improvement
- A desire to work in a rural and limited resource setting
- Strong communication and good time management skills
- A positive attitude with a proven track record for being a team player
- A strong work ethic
- Respectful mindset towards living and working conditions in Kalikot
- Strong understanding of the importance in building local talent and local capacity
- Commitment to Oda Foundation Values
- Commitment to learning and adapting
- Strong critical thinking and written communication skills
- Competent in use of Microsoft Office and Internet
- Developing leadership and managerial skills in a position with authority and responsibility
- Being a valued member of an international team
- Enhancing your cultural and practical knowledge of Karnali province
- Being at the forefront of development implementation in Kalikot
- Living and working with team members involved in healthcare and sustainability initiatives
- Free room, board and healthcare on campus
Successful candidates will have:
- Commitment to education and development sectors
- Strong belief in the future of public education system
- Prior experience working with public servants and/or public school
- Strong organizational skills
- Solid comprehension of Microsoft Office
- Advanced written and spoken English and Nepali skills
- A positive attitude with a proven track record for being a leader and a team player
- Respectful mindset towards living and working in Kalikot
- A strong work ethic and a genuine desire to make a difference in the Kalikot district
- A proven track record for success, whether this is academically or otherwise
- Workstation is Mahabai Rural Municipality, Kalikot
- Daily meal on campus and housing - in case of non-local staff-provided by the office
- The Education Program Manager will report to the Chief of Staff, COO and CEO.
Salary and benefits
- Salary: NRs. 30,000-45,000. Salary and benefits are negotiable and commensurate with experience.
All employees, fellows, volunteers & guests will be expected to uphold Oda values in their words, actions and behaviours.
Care and Compassion
- We will demonstrate our compassion and caring through our action and words
- We will take time to ensure each person feels listened to, secure, understood and is treated compassionately
- We will be approachable and contribute to creating a calm and friendly atmosphere
- We will provide a safe and caring setting for patients and staff, and an efficient, effective experience
- We will meet people's needs for information and involvement
- We will be considerate, calm and proactive in solving problems.
- We will not be aggressive or passive aggressive to anyone.
Respect, Dignity & Justice
- We will demonstrate respect for all staff through our words and actions.
- We will all follow Oda rules, policies and procedures.
- We will accept fair and equitable punishment for all.
- We will be polite and courteous in our communications and actions
- We will demonstrate respect for dignity, choice, privacy and confidentiality
- We will recognise and value uniqueness, diversity and different cultures.
- We will be sincere, honest and constructive in giving, and open to receiving, feedback
- We maintain a professional attitude and appearance.
- We will demonstrate a commitment to doing our best
- We will be proactive in problem solving and above all, our work commitment
- We will be responsible and reflect on our actions
- We will be accountable for our actions
- We will focus on our work and practice time management by meeting all proposed deadlines.
- We will encourage and explore ideas for improvement, innovation and creativity.
- We will seek out opportunities to enhance our skills and expertise
- We will work together to achieve high quality services
- We will use our knowledge and enthusiasm to implement positive change and overcome challenges
Teamwork & Communication
- We will understand and value each other's role and contribution
- We will be fair, thoughtful, welcoming and kind to colleagues, fellows and guests.
- We will communicate with each other and express our successes and our concerns.
- We will offer support and encouragement to others
- We will maximise each other's potential and contribution through shared learning and development
- We will recognise, share and celebrate our successes, big and small
- We will practice coordination and collaboration interdepartmentally
- We will have a positive outlook and motivation
- We will demonstrate commitment to the Oda foundation, patients, staff and our guests.
Honesty and Responsibility
- We will build trust by displaying transparency and doing what we say we will do
- We will commit to doing what is right
- We will welcome feedback as a means of informing improvements
- We will use our resources and each other's time efficiently and wisely
- We will maintain and enhance public confidence in our service
- We will be a positive role model
Please submit a cover letter, resume and relevant documents to [email protected] before March 2, 2021. Applications shall be considered at rolling basis. Early applications will be given priority.