No. of Vacancy: 1
Location: Kathmandu, with frequent visits to Okhaldhunga and other working sites.
Salary and benefits: Rs. 50,000 to 70,000 depending on qualification, experience and skills.
Length of contract: 2 years with possible extension
Do you have experience managing programmes - organising, planning, scheduling, preparing strategy, facilitating, reporting, proposal writing, and budgeting?
Then, the Programme Manager (PM) is an exciting opportunity for passionate youth to work in a multicultural environment and to contribute to empowering marginalised rural communities. VIN is probably Nepal’s first organisation which uses a holistic approach to empower needy people. You will also have the opportunity to work with our volunteers worldwide and experience a rural lifestyle.
Summary of the job description
The PM manages VIN’s overall programmes. S/he is responsible for designing, managing, organising, planning, budgeting, implementing and monitoring sustainable, holistic community development initiatives in rural communities.
The PM recruits, empowers and manages staff, including Nepalese and international volunteers dealing with budgets and expenses, and ensures that quality results are delivered within the stipulated time.
Main Role and Responsibilities
- Responsible for designing, planning, budgeting, implementing, monitoring, supervising, and reporting all community development projects.
- Prepare strategy and design of implementation procedures and manual for all projects.
- Recruit, develop and mentor project staff and volunteers.
- Coordinate overall community empowerment programmes, volunteers and staff.
- Write grant proposals and submit them to relevant organisations.
- Develop and implement staff, volunteer, and community empowerment policies.
- Develop and implement an effective internal and external communication system.
- Identify and coordinate with local, national and international like-minded organisations.
- Inspire local youth to volunteer for community projects.
- Conduct baseline surveys and create new projects based on the results.
- Revise and restructure the existing projects.
- Manage headquarter and field offices.
- Follow a sustainable development approach while designing and implementing any community program.
- Ensure efficient documentation/archive digital and printing.
- Report to the Executive Director.
- Maintain transparency in all activities.
- Perform other tasks assigned by the directors.
Education: Master’s Degree in Public Health /Social work or any social sciences.
Experience required: at least three years of working experience as a program manager.
This is an autonomous role and so requires a confident person who can work in a team and independently.
- Experience in managing teams and volunteers;
- Experience in delivering projects or training programs.
- Experience in planning and budgeting.
- Experience in fundraising and proposal writing.
- Willingness to travel in remote locations.
- Experience in facilitating meetings, training, and workshops.
- Multicultural work experience.
- Experience in providing feedback to people in a culturally appropriate way
- Some teaching skills and knowledge would be an added value.
- Experience working with the community beneficiaries like children, youth, women, and the elderly.
- Demonstrated experience in building solid relationships with people.
- Knowledge and skills in using the Microsoft office package.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills in both Nepali and English.
- Ability to write projects, reports and information documentation such as records/minutes of meetings.
- Research skills.
Note: Candidates applying for this position must own a vehicle with an active Driving Licence.
Females are highly encouraged to apply.
This job has expired.