We are seeking for an Education Program Manager to oversee our three programs in Machhegaun, Chandragiri Municipality. The after-school program is the first of its kind in Nepal, offering a caring and safe environment for children. Our program combines Waldorf, Reggio, and Montessori principles in a holistic, hands-on curriculum. Our curriculum is also taught in rural areas through our teacher training program. The right candidate should be warm, friendly, and have experience working in progressive education curriculums. The candidate must commit to a minimum two-year contract and must complete a 2-3 months training prior to beginning work.
- Oversee day-to-day Sunsar Maya programs
- Build curriculums for each program, and create and implement daily lesson plans
- Implement and run all teacher trainings
- Provide regular trainings for staff and teacher development, including classroom observations and feedback
- Teach daily classes
- Help coordinate and oversee supplemental programs (e.g. teen transitions, women’s council, community workshops, etc.)
- Execute regular evaluations of all programs
- Continue outreach and partnerships with schools and NGOs for all programs
- Work closely with In-Country Director on all the needs and supports required for programs
- Regular communication with and reporting to the US director via email and zoom regarding curriculum, management, children behaviour, etc.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- At least Master’s Degree preferably with experience in early education or primary level teaching or child psychology, knowledge of Montessori, Reggio, and Waldorf curriculums is a plus
- Fluency in English to work with U.S. based director
- Strong administrative and management skills
- Evaluation and reporting skills
- Experience in education training not required but a plus
- Female candidates who meet the above requirements are highly encouraged to apply for the position. Only short-listed candidates will be called. No telephone calls will be entertained.
- The Education Program Manager is an integral part of our organisation and will have the opportunity to help shape our program for years to come. It is an opportunity to affect real change in students’ lives.
- Candidates having prior experience in Teaching Faculty are highly encouraged to apply