Date of Publication: 14th January 2022
Reports to: President
No of position: 1 (One)
Duty Station: Kathmandu with frequent travel to project sites of NAP+N
Position type: Contract
Salary & Benefits: As per HR Policy of NAP+N
Contract Duration: Initially up to 31st December 2022 and possibilities of extension upon availability of funding.
Position type: 100%
Roles and Responsibilities:
Following is the list of specific duties and responsibilities that fall within the scope of the job. The incumbent will perform these tasks when necessary and as appropriate, depending on the context. In addition, it may be necessary for the individual to perform duties and responsibilities that, while not specifically listed below, fall under the general categories of this job description and are within the spirit of the job.
Under the general guidance and supervision of President, the incumbent will provide the following services:
Program Management-Financial, Administration and Human Resources
- Lead the program team with staff in both substantive and operational issues ensuring optimization of human and financial resources.
- Undertake day-to-day management of the program, including effective program implementation and documents progress towards the achievement of outputs.
- Manage the program budget and facilitate budget approvals and revision process.
- Prepare work plans, produce timely reports-financial and progress reports.
- Ensure rules and regulations of NAP+N concerning finance, procurement and human resource are adhered to.
- Responsible to Admin/Finance section regarding related matters under the project activities.
- Support an environment of learning for staff within the program.
Program Planning, Implementation, Monitoring and Evaluation
- Develop the necessary strategic documents concerning program planning and implementation, such as policy papers, concept notes, etc.;
- Provide strategic advice, direction and direct technical inputs in necessary areas of NAPN.
- Oversee the establishment of the monitoring and evaluation plan of the Program and ensure its implementation.
- Field supervision for monitoring and assessment of NGOs and provide technical support for their quality performance.
- Ensure a management information system is established, which allows the efficient and effective collection, storage and analysis of data throughout the program.
- Ensure the participation and involvement of relevant stakeholders in program implementation so that the process is inclusive, participatory and transparent;
- Ensure proper coordination of the program implementation among implementing partners (CBOs), NGOs, INGOs and with government line agencies.
- Ensure the timeliness and quality of the outputs as well as timely preparation of reports on achievements and challenges faced within the project;
- Ensure delivery of resources and results according to planned targets;
- Ensure compliance with donors’ agreements;
- Promote identification and synthesis of best practices and lessons learned for organizational sharing and learning.
Advocacy, Partnerships and Resource Mobilization:
- Establish and maintain partnerships with stakeholders (government, NGOs, CBOs and donors);
- Extract lessons learned to support program improvement.
- Provide leadership on HIV related issues within different forums.
- Coordinate with different agencies, other program units, district and regional offices to raise issues related to PLHIV rights and support NAPN in strengthening capacity of local CBOs.
- Perform other duties as assigned by management.
Qualifications and Experience:
- Master's Degree in Public Health or any relevant Field with 5 years of working experiences in related field.
- Fluent in English and Nepali Languages.
- Should be strong enough to deal with all Programmatic issues and must have team player skills.
- Results and detail-orientation and the ability to work with a sense of urgency in a multicultural and diverse environment,
- Ability to work with target groups, they are people living with HIV/AIDS,
- Good interpersonal communication skills and calm even under pressure,
- Command in report preparation, event note and record keeping,
- Proficiency on computer usage on office Packages, email and internet,
This job has expired.