Position: Program Coordinator (violence against women) – PC (Position -1)
PC will work under direct supervision of VAW Campaign Lead and work closely with District Coordinators, lead overall implementation of Addressing Violence against Women (VAW) Program being implemented in provinces – 1, 2, Bagmati, Lumbini, Karnali and Sudur Pashmim. This position is responsible for tracking implementation, achievements and good practices to ensure accountability and efficiency of program.
PC works in close coordination with communication department, finance department and M&E unit of WOREC and also with Community Based Organization (CBOs) in achieving the goal and objectives of the program. PC is mainly responsible for program planning, implementing, monitoring, reporting, documenting, stakeholder communications, publication and coordination with central office and communities.
The candidate having the feminist value should have Master's Degree in Social Sciences or related discipline with good understanding of human rights movement preferably women's rights, rights to mobility and decent work, addressing the issues of GBV working with rights based approach, and at least 3 years working experience in related program. The candidate should have knowledge of local and regional context of human rights and ability to write and communicate effectively in both Nepali and English languages. (Refer to JD for details)
Duty Station: Kathmandu
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
- Ensure that the annual plan of Addressing Violence against Women (VAW) program is implemented effectively, documented as per the standard and reported timely.
- Ensure all program activities are correctly undertaken and the evidence (data/photos/report) are produced and documented at the district level.
- Support the researchers and resource persons (thematic consultants) for planning, and carrying out the research and study activities on GBV/VAW.
- Monitor the progress and ensure quality by tracking program implementation and reporting on timely basis and making necessary adjustments to ensure the successful completion of the project.
- Coordinate and conduct consultation with local representatives and stakeholders for addressing GBV issues and collaborate with CSOs for advocacy campaign for safe spaces.
- Support Programme Manager and guide District Coordinators in the development of annual plan and prepare annual, quarterly and monthly plan of activities and coordinate with human right activists for the implementation of activities effectively in order to achieve expected outcomes,
- Prepare and submit monthly, quarterly and annual reports in coordination with District Coordinators and submit to Senior Program Coordinator.
- Perform periodic review of project budget versus expenditure with support from Finance Dept. and ensure planning of activities based on and guided by budget availability.
- Understand budgetary aspects of assigned program and ensure that budget is well regarded while planning and conducting activities.
- Coordinate and lead all capacity enhancement activities within the project at district level.
- Organize training, workshop and interaction programs with handling logistics at local and provincial level.
- Carry out the activities from feminist perspective and from women's human rights perspective.
- Identify the issues to be covered in each events and programs and work for further improvement.
- Strengthen community partnership with structured dialogues and communications.
- Organize and analyse cases of violence against women including preparation of case studies.
- Work according to the organization’s and project’s need.
WOREC Nepal encourages women and candidates from dalit/Janjati and from the group of gender and sexual minority to apply. Interested candidates must send their application with motivation letter and updated curriculum vitae to [email protected] by 10th June 2021.
The application without cover letter and CV will not be considered for the position.
Only the shortlisted candidates will be called for written test and interview. No telephone calls will be entertained. For details visit: http://worecnepal.org/career