TEAM/PROGRAMME: Global Fund
LOCATION: Province 2
CONTRACT LENGTH: Fixed term grant
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3: the post holder will have contact with children and/or young people either frequently (e.g. once a week or more) or intensively (e.g. four days in one month or more or overnight) because they work country programs; or are visiting country programs; or because they are responsible for implementing the police checking/vetting process staff.
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We reached approximately two million populations and invests over 40 million US dollars annually to reach more children than ever before, through programs in Health, Nutrition, Education, Protection and Child Rights and Governance, Livelihood, HIV and AIDS, and Humanitarian crises.
The Program Coordinator - Global Fund is responsible to support the provincial team in managing Global Fund program implementation. S/he will assist Sr. Project Coordinator/Project Manager to implement HIV program being implemented at the provincial level. S/he will also provide the technical backstopping to sub-recipients (SRs) and government SDPs for HIV program. S/he will also support to implement TB and Malaria program as assigned by Sr. Program Coordinator/Project Manager. The position holder requires to make frequent field visits to SRs and Government SDPs to ensure the service providers have adequate technical knowledge/skills and they follow the national guidelines/protocols properly for quality service delivery at all levels.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Project Planning and budgeting
- Provide clear direction to SRs in program planning and budgeting of HIV program in accordance with the given guidelines.
- Support SRs in preparing cost effective and result oriented budget/work-plans
- Support partners to develop Detail Implementation Plan (DIP) and phased budget
- Review plans and budgets submitted by SRs whether it is in line with given strategic direction
- Support SRs in preparing re-programming request if any from available surplus
- Provide managerial and technical support to SRs/SDPs to implement the planned activities within given timeframe
- Track the budget vs expenses in every month and develop corrective action plan if required
- Conduct regular (monthly) analysis of program implementation to identify strengths and weaknesses of the project and share with the relevant team for appropriate action.
- Ensure that SRs/SDPs has timely supply of required medicine and other commodities
- Ensure that SRs/SPDs deliver the standard/quality services to the beneficiaries
Project Review & Monitoring
- Conduct regular field visits with appropriate tools and checklists, including interacting meaningfully with beneficiaries to learn about program effectiveness and needs of the beneficiaries.
- Conduct On Site Data Verification (OSDV) and ensure the reported data has Zero variance.
- Conduct routine progress review with SRs/SDPs and take corrective measures
- Analyse the SR/SPDs programmatic progress against the consumption of medicine/reagents/kits/commodities in regular basis
Project Reporting and Documentation
- Support SRs/SDPs in preparing high quality reports as per SCI and Donor requirements
- Document the innovative approaches, best practices, lesson learned, and case studies and shared at appropriate level. Encourage and support SRs/SDPs for this.
- Ensure that OPMIS is fully functional and in operation among partners and provide support if required.
Capacity Development SC, Partners and Stakeholders
- Provide technical backstopping to SRs/SPDs to ensure that they have clear understanding on objectives, results, strategies and work plans
- Train, coach and mentor SRs/SDPs staff
- Support SRs/SDPs in developing technical documents including training curriculum as and when required
Partnership Management, Compliance and Organization Development
- Ensure that the partner comply the organizational policies, Government, SC and donor’s requirements
- Comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child protection, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies
- Support the partners to prepare and implement organizational development plans including budget and monitor accordingly
Coordination, Collaboration and Networking
- Establish institutional relationship with relevant government agencies particularly HIV related district/provincial level committees/offices for effective implementation of the projects.
- Maintain close working relation with other partners for synergetic efforts
- Represent Save the Children at the local, district and provincial, levels as and when required.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
- Master’s degree in Public Health (MPH) or related Social Science
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least 3 years’ experience in Public Health including at least 2 years work in HIV programs/projects
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Proficient in computer skills and applications