Purpose: The position holder will be responsible to provide technical expertise and guidance to implement overall education program and Karnali Education Project. Under the supervision of Area Manager (AM) and Head of Education. S/he will work closely with Area Office Team, and also the Project Team while planning and implementing the project activity towards in the fields. S/he will ensure that the implementation of Project activities is realized according to the country strategy and education project objectives. S/he supports the AM in ensuring effective and timely implementation of all Project activities, with special attention to providing overall coordination and facilitation at inter-agency, municipal, district and provincial levels.
Term and Location: Fixed term employment for 3 years based in Nepalgunj Field Office and
Hetauda Field Office
Required Qualifications & Experiences:
- Master’s Degree in Social Science or any relevant field
- At least 4 years of demonstrated experience in the field of child/young people/project management
- Proven experience of managing team, budgets and other management domains
- Work experience on local level partnership/coordination
- Experience of working with coalitions and networks
- INGO work experience preferred
- Comprehensive understanding of the socio/political economic and cultural issues of Nepal
- Advanced knowledge and experience of National Education program, project and policies
- Experience of development and humanitarian issues affecting children, women and families
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in successfully using key influencing strategies such as advocacy, lobbying, movement building, or policy development
- Support to develop girls and boys, adolescence girls, young women empowerment frame work in line with the Country Strategy (CS)
- Contribute in the process of drafting and finalising program sector proposals working with program team at Field Office along with partner staff and Business Development team at Country Office
- Contribute to develop strategies that ensures adolescent girls and Young women’s access to non-stereo type marketable skills and decent self/employment with accesses to natural resources and sustainable financial services
- Introduce frameworks for reform, followed by developing innovative and non-traditional approaches of how innovative programs in non-traditional technical and vocational education and training(TVET) can help adolescent and young women access, participation, and demonstrate competence in non-traditional fields.
- Support to develop the sexual reproductive health rights (SRHR) framework to provide overall guidance for adolescent girls and ensure prioritization of SRHR of adolescent girls in local level planning and budget allocation for the same
- Ensure project cycle is followed for each project including kick off meetings, drafting of project outlines, implementation of activities, mid and end term evaluation
- Review all Field Office projects under Girls Agency periodically and ensure project objectives are achieved effectively
- Identify risks and challenges in the project implementation, management and provide solution to achieve project goal / results.
- Ensure that timely and quality implementation is guaranteed at partner level, this might include regular meeting, coaching, follow up and coordination
- Identify the training needs/gap of the partner staff and provide/recommend training plans to develop their technical expertise. Monitor their progress through an annual capacity assessment
- Conduct regular reviews of budgets and work plans to ensure compliance with donor specific requirements and address any changes to the original plan in time.
- Ensure effective project monitoring by taking necessary corrective actions that are being followed up and reviewed periodically
- Undertake frequent field monitoring visits and report performance against established schedules and targets
- Consolidate and report all Girls Act and Girls Protect project quarterly to Head of Girls Agency and Youth Empowerment Program and Girls Agency and Child Protection Program MER Specialist at Country Office and Area Manager
- Assess the partner’s capacity in terms of technical skills for project delivery, design a training plan to enhance their capacity and monitor it regularly in coordination with Area Manager and Head of Girls Agency and Youth Empowerment
- Working together with local authorities to identify key area of work for youth empowerment.
- Contribute to develop priority district/local level campaigns ensuring harmonisation with global/national priority campaigns in collaboration with Head of Program and Head of Influencing.
- Lead evidence based lobby and advocacy within the sectoral program in planning and delivering campaigning and advocacy work and ensure that programme plans include influencing objectives
- Represent Plan in relevant committees, professional networks and mechanism to maintain organization’s professional image