Purpose: Program Coordinator (ECD) will be responsible to implement Girls & Boys Start Equally projects under the supervision of Area Manager (AM) and Head of ECD. S/he will ensure that the implementation of Project activities is realized according to the country strategy and the related program objectives. S/he supports the AM in ensuring effective and timely implementation of all Project activities, with special attention to providing overall inter-agency coordination and facilitation at various levels. Similarly, s/he ensure that the project deliverables are met in a timely and efficient manner.
Term and Location: Fixed term employment for 3 years based in Nepalgunj Field Office.
Required Qualifications & Experiences:
- Master’s Degree in social science, public health, education or relevant field
- At least four years of demonstrated experience working in a mid-level position coordinating and managing the Early Childhood Development program portfolio
- Advanced knowledge and experience of International and National Early Childhood Development program, project and policies
- Experience of development and humanitarian issues affecting children, women and families
- Demonstrated experience in successfully using key influencing strategies such as advocacy, lobbying, movement building, or policy development
- Experience in carrying out power, policy and political analysis to inform strategies and projects
- Strong knowledge of child and women’s rights and gender justice
- Advanced understanding of the development and NGO sector.
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven IT skills: Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint etc
- Ability to prioritise and multitask work when dealing with competing deadlines, sometimes with limited resources
- Support to develop environment where Gils & boys grow up healthy from the start providing equal opportunities as parents socialise them in a gender equal and inclusive manner via positive parenting program
- Drafting and finalising program proposals working with program team at Field Office along with partner staff and Business Development team at Country Office
- Contribute to develop strategies that strengthen community and national level child protection mechanism and carry out awareness activities to tackle root causes of gender discrimination
- Support to develop framework to improve gender sensitive child protection system especially CP services at community level protecting children from gender based violence and discriminatory social norms and practises
- Ensure project cycle is followed for each project including kick off meetings, drafting of project outlines, implementation of activities, mid and end term evaluation
- Review all Field Office projects under Girls Protect periodically and ensure project objectives are achieved effectively.
- Review Partners proposal/ provide feedback and do correction before forwarding it to Head of Program at Country Office
- Identify risks and challenges in the project implementation, management and provide solution to achieve project goal / results.
- Ensure that timely and quality implementation is guaranteed at partner level, this might include regular meeting, coaching, follow up and coordination
- Identify the training needs/gap of the partner staff and provide/recommend training plans to develop their technical expertise. Monitor their progress through an annual capacity assessment
- Knowledge management through, sharing good practice, lessons learned ensuring that Child Protection is mainstreamed in all other sectors
- Conduct regular reviews of budgets and work plans to ensure compliance with donor specific requirements and address any changes to the original plan in time
- Undertake frequent field monitoring visits and report performance against established schedules and targets
- Based on the data/information provided by MER Coordinator, provide input & make decision on effective monitoring
- Ensure regular engagement with the community, including children, on progress and effectiveness of child protection policy implementation conducted by MER Coordinator
- Assess the partner’s capacity in terms of technical skills for project delivery, design a training plan to enhance their capacity and monitor it regularly in coordination with Area Manager and Head of Child Protection
- Ensure the periodic review of template on mapping hostel and school supported by Plan International Nepal. Implement and strengthen the partners, School management committee, hostel management committee to achieve the action plan to improve the safeguarding situation of children in school and hostel
- Work together with local authorities to identify key area of work to minimize the harmful social practises that effects Child rights/child protection and empowerment
- Contribute to develop priority district/local level campaigns ensuring harmonisation with global/national priority campaigns in collaboration with Head of Program and Head of Influencing
- Lead sectoral networking and representation and build relationships and alliances with relevant networks, government bodies, federations and other agencies at district and local level
- Represent Plan in relevant committees, professional networks and mechanism to maintain organisation’s professional image