Job Title: Program Associate
Reports To: Team Leads
Summary of the Job: Niti Foundation is currently looking for program associates who will primarily support Team Leads in research to plan, implement and monitor Niti’s ongoing programs on constitutionalism, rule of law and public security. They will support and liaise with external consultants to ensure successful organization of policy dialogues and consultation meetings.
Major Duties and Responsibilities
- Conduct and support research and analysis on topics relevant to constitutionalism, governance, federalism, political economy, and public security.
- Assist the team leads in drafting knowledge products, including policy briefs, issue papers, event reports, articles, and blog posts.
- Support the team leads in developing documents required to meet program requirements.
- Assist the team leads in the management of logistics for interactions, meetings, and program-related events.
- Assist the team leads in preparing and maintaining program plans, program documents, and budget and expenditure.
- Attend meetings, workshops, and program events as requested by team leads.
- Travel outside Kathmandu (when needed) to support ongoing programs.
Required Experience and Qualifications
- A Bachelor’s degree in subjects related to political science, economics, international relations, development studies, or other relevant discipline.
- A minimum of one year of experience in conducting research on any topics relating to the constitution, federalism, political economy, public security and related areas.
- Previous experience in implementing and administering programs in the aforementioned fields is preferable.
Applicants from ethnic or marginalized communities are highly encouraged to apply.
Duration- The duration of the work will be for a period of one year and can be extended.
- An updated resume.
- A cover letter explaining job interest.
- A writing sample.
Only candidates applying with all the requirements will be reviewed.