Women Awareness Centre Nepal WACN is seeking a Program Associate to support its Research for Development programs in energy access and clean cooking, and more generally in climate adaptation and mitigation. The Program Associate is responsible for carrying out research activities associated with new and on-going research activities at WACN. The Program Associate conducts monitoring of field activities, ensure high quality data collection and management, provides support in data analysis and preparation of reports, and develops external funding for research projects.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Key areas of research are energy access, clean cooking, low carbon strategies, energy efficiency, energy and climate policies.
- Track information and data, maintaining/developing database related to the development in the energy sector, climate changes, policies, technologies at national and international levels on regular basis
- Research work on contemporary energy and climate issues in state, national and international level (South Asian countries) projects.
- Data management and data analysis, Develop methodology, techno-economic analysis.
- Prepare presentation, project reports and other deliverables, writing journal publication, etc.
- Explore potential new research areas, develop project and write research proposals.
- Minimum Master in Economics\Environmental Science\Sociology\Rural Development and have at least 1-2 years of work experience with industry/consultancy/research organizations on energy and climate related work. Fresher with good skill set may also apply.
- Interest in multi-disciplinary research, energy/climate change,
- Good experience with Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, Power Point), especially Excel and Power point
- Ability to clearly communicate research conclusions in verbal and written format and report/paper writing skills
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES REQUIRED:
- Demonstrates and sets expectations for integrity and honesty in relation to professional ethics and practice.
- Drives for results by being proactive and setting high standards for self and others; takes ownership and responsibility.
- Constructs coherent findings and articulates ideas clearly, formally and informally, through a variety of techniques to promote maximum impact.
- Displays flexibility and respect for differences of opinion; demonstrates transparency and objectivity when negotiating with others.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with coworkers, managers, and other stakeholders.
What we are offering:
We offer a competitive salary commensurate with industry practice and other benefits. The duration of the contract will initially be for a one-year period with possible extension.