TEAM/PROGRAMME: Supply Chain
POST TYPE: National (Fixed Term)
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 2: Either the post holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work; or the post holder will be working in a ‘regulated’ position (accountant, barrister, solicitor, legal executive); therefore a police check will be required (at ‘standard’ level in the UK or equivalent in other countries).
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfil their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We reach approximately two million population and invest over 30 million US dollars annually to reach more children than ever before, through programs in Health and Nutrition, Education, Child Rights and Governance and Child Protection, Child Poverty, HIV and AIDS, and Humanitarian.
The Procurement Coordinator - Consultant is primarily responsible to own consulting hiring process. S/He will review and recommend necessary changes on consultant hiring policy, procedures and formats. The position holder will update consultant’s roster (individual and firms) on regular basis and coordinate with respective departments, projects and field offices to prepare annual consultant plans. S/He will facilitate implementing and monitoring the annual consultant hiring plans, develop consultancy supplier roster and lead consultant hiring process for Global Fund Program and other programs/departments. This will include announcement for bidding, request for proposals, shortlisting, selection, negotiation and contracting in close coordination with Procurement Committee. S/he should maintain high level of confidentially carried out during consultant hiring process. S/He will maintain professional relationship with consulting firms and individual consultants as well as keep all documents updated and financial accuracy for annual report, audit and The Global Fund/LFA purpose.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
- Coordinate with respective departments, projects and field offices to prepare annual consultant plans and consolidate the annual consultancy plan
- Work closely with Sr. Procurement Coordinator on developing sourcing pipeline and other requirement as per the policy and manual.
- Facilitate and take lead on consultant hiring process against the approved Consultancy Request form
- Review Terms of Reference (ToR) for any consultant request and agree with the Budget holder on selection criteria
- Prepare and propose Procurement Committee for any consultancy hiring above Formal Proposal method and get approved by CD.
- Prepare comparison on financial as well as technical evaluation of the consultant as per the defined selection criteria.
- Review and recommend necessary changes on consultant hiring policy, procedures and formats. Update consultant’s roster (individual and firms) on regular basis.
- Facilitate implementing and monitoring the annual consultant hiring plans.
- Hire consultants for the Global Fund Program and when time allows support other departments. Maintain high level of confidentially carried out during consultant hiring process.
- Maintain professional relationship with consulting firms and individual consultants.
- Keep all documents updated and financial accuracy for annual report, audit and The Global Fund/LFA purpose.
- Circulating ToR to consultants, processing their proposals, arranging interview with consultants, being involved in consultant hiring interview, informing the consultants, drafting consultancy agreement, getting signature of consultants in Child Safeguarding and Code of Conduct forms.
- Draft and publish EOI in National dailies if the consultancy amount is more than the limit specified in consultancy policy.
- Timely and accurate documentation of consultant hiring process and maintain consultancy tracker record.
- Maintain roster of consultants, if needed under the supervision of line manager, call for EOI of consultants.
- Be responsible for managing documents for internal and external auditors, The Global Fund/LFA visit by availing the required information.
- Prepare management report to auditors and The Global Fund/LFA as per the requirement.
- Provide the support to Supply Chain Department and The Global Fund Team as and when required
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE
- Master’s degree in Management or equivalent
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS
- At least three years (two years for GSI* group) Supply Chain management with consultant hiring experience
- Representation and negotiation skill
- Skills in organising programs, coordination and documentation
- Strong personal organizational skills, including time management, analytical skills, and ability to meet deadlines and work under pressure
- Willingness to work the time necessary to complete critical tasks without being asked
- Good written and spoken English
- High level of computer skills
- Cultural awareness and ability to work well in multicultural environment with people from diverse backgrounds and cultures
- Commitment to Save the Children’s values, vision and mission.
**GSI group include Female, Dalit, Madhesi, People with Disabilities and other indigenous/minorities.