Abt Associates is recruiting qualified candidates for the upcoming USAID/Nepal Agricultural Input Market System Activity, a new five-year Activity planned by the United States Agency for International Development (USAID) in Nepal. This Activity will focus on improving the productivity, competitiveness, inclusivity, and resilience of Nepal’s agriculture sector by increasing the availability and accessibility of four critical inputs – improved seed, fertilizer, irrigation, and agricultural equipment. The Agricultural Input Market System Activity will result in the stabilization of Nepal’s agricultural input market system and reduce the specific barriers faced by women, youth, and marginalized farmers to accessing, utilizing, and benefiting from improved inputs.
The position will be based in Kathmandu, Nepal and is contingent upon project award to Abt Associates.
- Master’s degree or higher in economics, agriculture, regulatory reform/law, business administration, or a related field.
- At least eight years of relevant professional experience, such as in policy formulation, capacity building of government officials in policy analysis, facilitation of public-private sector dialogue, and assistance in policy implementation/enforcement.
- Experience and proven track record in the fields of legal reform, public sector engagement and strengthening, and private sector development. Experience working with senior ministry policy makers is highly desirable, especially in development of agricultural frameworks and new policies.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English required.
- Nepali nationals are strongly encouraged to apply.
Bachelor’s Degree + Nine years of relevant experience, or Master’s Degree + Seven years of relevant experience, or PhD + Four years of relevant experience
- Provide strategic technical and managerial leadership in design and implementation of the project’s policy and enabling environment activities. This includes, but is not limited to, public-private dialogue, business advocacy, and policy formulation and implementation support.
- Support the advancement of strategies/policies pertaining to agricultural inputs, working closely with other project staff, government representatives, and private sector stakeholders.
- Assist in annual work planning and contribute to quality operational plans, budgets, and reports.
- Provide input to regular status and progress reports to USAID.
This job has expired.