Work Purpose: The Pilot Project Coordinator shall work with the Shelter and Infrastructure Manager to ensure that the deliverables are met, the performance, as well as procurement, reporting, and other management related requirements. Furthermore, the Pilot Project Coordinator will assist the Shelter and Infrastructure Manager by providing leadership, management, and supervision of the entire team. S/he, with the assistance of the Shelter and Infrastructure Manager, will be responsible for administering the contract in full compliance with all applicable Pilot Project regulations and for ensuring the timely submission of all required deliverables. The Pilot Project Coordinator is also jointly responsible with the Shelter and Infrastructure Manager for ensuring the application of and conformance to sound financial management procedures by the team leaders. The Pilot Project Coordinator will support the Shelter and Infrastructure Manager in serving as the team’s primary point of contact for program partners, serving as principal liaison with partners and Pilot Project staff, counterpart institutions, implementing partners, and other stakeholders.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience required:
- A Master’s degree in Engineering, Architecture, or related field with proven experience of 5 years in managing INGO projects
- Work experience in community led building projects will be an advantage.
- Experience working overseas, including experience working in crisis/unstable, post-disaster and conflict/insecure environments, as well as in developing countries would be a strong asset.
- Fluent English (written and spoken) and Nepali & Microsoft Office tools.
- Demonstrate experience in high-level strategic visioning and leadership and experience in working effectively with local civil society organizations, host country government counterparts and/or other international development partners
- Proven leadership in the design, project management, implementation, monitoring and evaluation of similar-sized and technical focus international donor-supported programs, with skills in strategic planning, management, supervision and budgeting, and experience in managing donor funded/supported development programs
- Good organizational, communication, leadership, financial management capabilities, problem- solving and time-management skills.
- Familiarity with different areas of construction as well as workplace safety and building codes a plus.
- Knowledgeable regarding principles and good practice in strategic planning and organizational development and in program design of inputs, activities and strategies to achieve program objectives, including solid knowledge of gender and inclusion (GESI), capacity/community development and monitoring, evaluation and learning (MEAL) related to World Vision policies in these key areas.
- Skills in human resources management and leadership development and ability to work in cross- cultural situations with political and cultural nuances.
- Experience managing local A/E and/or construction management sub-contractors a plus. Experience working with various country policies and procedures and developing and managing multiple small and large project schedules and budgets.
- Responsible for the community engagement team.
- Ensure proper ongoing, clear and timely communication with the general community through identified communication strategies
- Responsible to ensure that the project objectives and principles are clearly communicated and explained to the community members
- Contracts management and proper documentation for financial disbursements and adequate support to the beneficiaries is provided
- Responsible for overseeing the timely progress and quality of work of the team, ensuring milestones are met and facilitating the required coordination with the technical team, the training team, the M&E team and the project partners
Conception, Development, and Vetting of Outreach Materials
- Responsible for, in collaboration with the engineering and the construction training team to design and develop outreach materials aimed at spreading Build Back Safer information in communities
- Ensure that all outreach materials are technically compliant with World Vision construction guidelines, and that all outreach materials illustrate technically correct situations encountered in the field.
Community Outreach Campaign
- Responsible for deploying a community outreach campaign the Pilot Project targeted VDCs
- Responsible for coordinating with the MEAL team in order to ensure the correct and timely disbursement of funds to the project beneficiaries in coordination with the Shelter and Infrastructure Manager of the project
- Responsible for project coordination with the Engineering Team, the Training Team and the M&E team as well as with project partners
- Responsible for providing content for the project reporting, internally and externally, on a regular basis, such as weekly, monthly, quarterly and as required by the upper management
- Responsible for community outreach activity that occurs in rural villages, and as such must be willing to spend up to 80% of his/her time in a rural location, and live out of the World Vision field office/guesthouse
- Ensure the project schedule and milestones set up in coordination with the Shelter and Infrastructure Manager are met and for resolving issues that impact the project schedule immediately with the various stakeholders.
Candidates fulfilling the criteria mentioned above may send in their complete Curriculum Vitae (CV) and Cover Letter by 18th May 2016 before 17:00 hours to the address mentioned below. Candidates from respective districts and women are highly encouraged to apply.
World Vision International Nepal People & Culture Department Email:email@example.com
Only short-listed candidates will be called for the subsequent selection procedure.
WVIN reserves all rights to qualify/disqualify applications in any case.