- Intermediate or Bachelor's degree in a related field
Responsibilities for overseer/ surveyor
- Oversees the development, maintenance, planning, and preparation of surveying procedures, systems, and projects.
- Collaborates and coordinates with civil engineers, project managers, and other employees regarding field surveys.
- Resolves complex office and field surveying problems using a variety of tools and applications.
- Researches, coordinates, composes, develops, and presents technical reports to various departments, committees, or commissions.
- Drafts, maintains, and implements standards and guides for surveying staff.
- Oversee maintenance and construction activities; allocate resources both labor and plant on a day-to-day basis so that objectives of works programs are met.
- Supervise labors and works activities such that all are in a safe and operational condition.
- Organize emergency repairs where required.
- Undertake periodic surveillance of activities to confirm correct procedures are followed.
- Participate in after-hours call out roster and willing to work overtime when directed.
- Ensure timesheets are correctly completed and authorized weekly within given timeframe.
- Ensure daily cost sheets are completed and remain within budget.
- Ensure risk assessments are carried out in consultation with staff and agreed control measures are implemented and complied with.
- Ensure appropriate licenses and permits to operate plant items and perform specific tasks are held by staff and contractors.
- Ensure Work Health and Safety is practiced in the workplace in accordance with relevant safety standards and Council Policy.
- Maintain close liaison with relevant staff to ensure works are organized in accordance with adopted works programs.
- Ensure communication, co-operation and motivation are maintained within the works team.