Position: Officer- Community Based Rehabilitation, Physiotherapist
Number of Positions: 1
Duty Station: Sankhuwasabha
Contract Type: Fixed term contract
Disability Prevention and Rehabilitation Program is a community-based model of inclusive development implemented in direct partnership with the provincial government of Province No.1 and Local Governments. The goal of the program is to prevent avoidable disabilities and improve quality of life of children and adults with disabilities and their families through Community Based Rehabilitation. It works to strengthen community support systems for the achievement of these goals.
Key skills and abilities:
Education and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in Physiotherapy or rehabilitation science from recognized university with at least 2 years of experience in related field
Skills and Abilities
- Good knowledge about disability, CBR and inclusive community development
- Counseling skills
- Ability to lead and work independently
- Knowledge and basic know-how for communication with persons with disability & their families
- Advanced computer skills specifically in Microsoft Office Package - Excel, Word, PowerPoint, Access
- Good communication skills in both Nepali and English
- Ability to work under pressure
- Applicants with two-wheeler driving license is preferrable
Leadership and Management
- Lead and manage implementation of CBR works in the district
- Provide technical support to all CBR facilitators of Palikas and other team members of KFN
- Build capacity of CBR-facilitators through short-term training on CBR management and on-site training in collaboration with Training and Leadership Development Section
- Prepare periodic work plan at district level and share with supervisor
- Ensure rehabilitation goal and plan has been developed for all the identified persons with disabilities.
- Assessment of children and adults with disability using various assessment tools and provide supervisory support in collecting and compiling data related to CBR
- Visit households of the children and adults with disabilities and provide critical feedback regarding the effectiveness of CBR program to district team.
- Facilitate in managing assistive device and medical treatment of children and adults with disabilities
- Update assessment tools as and when needed
- Ensure that necessary intervention is provided to children and adults with disabilities
- Facilitate to develop and conduct awareness and advocacy strategy in relation to the rights of children and adults with disabilities in the district
- Facilitate DPO and Milijuli group formation, capacity building and their Mobilization.
- Facilitate and Support CBRFs on assessment of appropriate vocational skills for Milijuli group members, organizing training and linking with training providers.
- Facilitate to strengthen good coordination and cooperation between CBRFs and DPOs.
Monitoring and Supervision
- Supervise the works of CBRF in the Palikas
- Monitor and supervise the profiles of persons with disabilities maintained by CBRFs
- Monitor and document the changes in Quality of Life (QoL) children/persons with disabilities
- Monitor closely role of DPO and Milijuli groups and saving and credit program.
Coordination and Communication
- Coordinate with concerned organizations for treatment, assistive devices, livelihood, and other interventions for rehabilitation of persons with disabilities.
- Make necessary coordination and networking with concerned stakeholders at district and Palika level
- Organize regular meetings with the CBRFs and stakeholders and share progress, challenges, learning a way forward
- Explore vocational training opportunities for persons with disabilities and their family member at district level and beyond.
Reporting and Documentation
- Record and maintain documentation of all CBR works
- Ensure timely submission of plan and report to the Monitoring and Evaluation Section
- Ensure all CBR related forms and formats are update and in adequate supply
- Periodic visits to field offices and project areas as and when required
- Other as assigned by the supervisor
- Uphold the code of conduct and PSEA-related policies
- Actively participate in SEA-related trainings and awareness-raising efforts, including support for dissemination of PSEA materials
- Report allegations of SEA through the designated reporting channels
- Participate in investigations of SEA allegations as appropriate
- Identify and mitigate/avoid SEA-related program risks (particularly for personnel involved in programming)