Number of Vacancy: 1
Deloitte Consulting is the implementing partner for the USAID-funded Urja Nepal Project based in Kathmandu. This position is under Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC. The purpose of Urja Nepal is to create a financially viable electricity sector that provides affordable, reliable, and secure power and enables the entry of private investment into the Nepali market. This is a five-year program; however, the position is currently for one year with opportunity for renewal. This is a full-time position based in Kathmandu.
Office Vehicle Driver - The Driver, under the supervision of Sr. Procurement and Administrative officer (SPAO), will be responsible for maintaining and ensuring the safe operations of office vehicles, for the transportation of project staff, consultants and/or counterparts on project as well as providing support to front office management as and when required. All duties will be carried as per the policies and procedures of Urja Nepal.
- Provide safe transportation to and from locations for project staff.
- Maintain vehicles including regular check-ups, cleanings, minor repair, and fuelling.
- Fill out and maintain an accurate vehicle log sheet and ensure timely submission of log-sheet and fuel consumption report to supervisor.
- Ensure compliance with all Urja Nepal Vehicle policy and local driving laws and regulations.
- Always keep & maintain all necessary vehicle documents in vehicle, like Blue Book with valid renewal, insurance document etc.
- Ability to deal patiently and tactfully with people of different national and cultural backgrounds/temperaments.
- The vehicle shall be cleaned daily without interruption in service. Always keep the vehicle clean and tidy.
- Receive a brief and tasking sheet for the day from the Sr. Proc/Admin Officer (SPAO). Read daily logistic plan. The schedule is subject to change throughout the day, in which case driver will be directly notified by authorized project staff SPAO, Finance and Ops Manager (FOM) or Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP)).
- Report any maintenance issues &needs to Sr. Procurement and Administrative Officer or Finance and Ops Manager or Deputy chief of Party at the earliest possible time.
- Drive with care and within safe speed limits complying with current security regulations and protocol. Ensure the security and safety of the vehicle and always drive in a safe manner.
- Take the lunch hour at a time dictated by the SPAO, to allow for continued transport cover during the office hours.
- Ensure at least one communication device (Sat phone/ mobile phone) is always in full operation during the hours of duty (note: project will provide a sim card for official phone expenses)
- Ensure unauthorized passengers are not allowed to travel in the project vehicle.
- Ensure that all passengers, staff and others, wear seatbelts always when the vehicle is in motion.
- Make sure adequate security checks (for protests/ demonstrations) are done before movements to any location.
- Ensure the fuel tank is not allowed to go below half tank mark. The driver is to contact the SPAO to organize refuelling of the vehicle.
- Ensure to report to the SPAO before and after each task is completed.
- Report immediately to Office Administrator / DCOP and vendor if any mishaps, incidents occur.
- Perform the other office minor support tasks very occasionally when idle like assisting with loading/unloading, moving items, admin help.
- Ensure the vehicle is properly ventilated with open windows during pandemic period.
- Collect and deliver mail, pouch, documents, and other items as assigned.
- Arrange for safe and secured parking for vehicle (when not parked on office premises).
- Ensure all vehicle equipment’s i.e., tools, first aid kits, and spare parts, etc.
- are safe and in usable condition.
- The driver should always wear a mask and gloves all the time during on duty if necessary.
- Should be willing to undergo periodic PCR tests as required (Urja Nepal willing to bear cost)
- At least School Leaving Certificate or Secondary Education Examination (SEE) pass.
- Minimum 2 years of experience in driving a project vehicle, preferably for a USAID or other donor project.
- A valid driver license and experienced driving 2W/4W vehicles.
- Well knowledge of local traffic rules and regulations.
- Flexibility to fit into often changing priorities.
- Ability to speak good Nepali, English and ideally Hindi.
- Responsible, trustworthy, and punctual
- Expected to work beyond work hours and or on the weekends if required allowed flexibility on the other days.
Please ensure resume/application DOES NOT INCLUDE personal information such as gender, age, marital status, ethnicity, religion. Deloitte Consulting Overseas Projects LLC is an equal opportunity employer. This position is open to Nepali nationals only.