Looking to expand the scope of its business, IDS Group is seeking creative, hardworking individuals with a strong work ethic, positive attitude, a keen eye for detail and passion for journalism.
- Successful interns are committed to quality journalism, have strong knowledge of local and international issues, a keen interest in the digital media landscape
- They will have the opportunity to work closely with a team of seasoned journalists, participate in the editorial process and end the year with a stack of professional clips
- The interns must be calm, well-organized and able to juggle several tasks to cope with the often hectic work environment
- The prospective journalist must be able to persuade sometimes reluctant officials to talk and be prepared to interview victims and family members touched by crime or accidents
- They will contribute in a variety of ways, including but not limited to: supporting the team with multimedia storytelling, YouTube channel and social content; transcribing interviews; fact-checking and conducting research; organizing media; and participating in story development and production meetings
- The candidates should be detail-orientated, have strong writing and research skills, the ability to multitask in a fast-paced environment, and have the confidence to pitch story ideas
- Interns who excel may be considered for other opportunities, including junior reporting roles with the group’s media wing if required standards are met
- The desk intern role demands the ability to multitask and create high-quality content for multiple digital platforms
- The successful candidate should have the ability to discover current breaking news stories, write succinctly and accurately, and deliver to deadline
- Monitoring press conferences and live events, reaching out to press offices for statements and sourcing audio, video and images are among daily task
- The ideal candidate will possess a fine attention to detail and should be confident to work in a fast-paced environment
Note: Current college students and recent graduates are welcome to apply. Only those considered for an interview will be contacted. All submissions will be treated as confidential.