Nepali Language Editor (Consultant) – To edit monthly highlight, success stories, and other materials of Hamro Samman- on call basis.
Hamro Samman seeks a Nepali Language Editor (Herein after referred as “the Consultant”) to provide professional Nepali editing services of Hamro Samman communication materials and knowledge products. The Consultant will be required to coordinate with Hamro Samman Communication and Program team to undertake his/her assignments.
Tasks and Output:
To achieve the objective, the consultant is expected to undertake the following tasks:
Under the overall supervision and guidance of the Communication and Partnership Specialist and in close consultation with the Program Implementation Manager, the Consultant will be responsible for providing professional Nepali editing services of Hamro Samman's various communication and outreach materials, monthly highlights, success stories, etc. The scope of work requires substantive experience and an in-depth understanding of gender equality and trafficking in person, safe migration, behavioral communication, and excellent writing and analytical skills. The detailed scope of work and responsibilities of the assignment are as follows:
- Substantive/language editing, to ensure quality, standard, coherence, and robustness of the document. In this connection, the Consultant will: (a) ensure that content ambiguities, vagueness, redundancy, deficiencies, and inconsistencies are resolved, (b) Typographical and language errors are eliminated, (c) overall structure of the document is strengthened, and (d) the general readability and appeal of the manuscript/documents are enhanced
- The responsibilities include thorough proofreading in conformity with the donor communication, branding, and marking guidelines
- Copyediting to ensure accuracy in language, structure, and expressions
- As part of copyediting, ensure (a) precision in word choice; (b) conformity of style with donor and organization standard; (c) correctness of sentence structure; (d) clarity and comprehensibility of messages; (e) correctness of terminologies; and (f) fine-tuning of articulations to achieve high-quality native Nepali expression
- Provide technical expertise and advisory services on effective communication of results as and when required
Timing, Duration and Location:
The duty station is Kathmandu, Nepal. However, the consultant can work from his/her residence. The duration of the assignment is one year on a retainer basis (as and when required- on call basis).
Education: Master’s degree in Journalism and Communication, Development Communication, Nepali, or any other related field of studies.
Technical: A minimum of 10 years of professional experience in Nepali editing, proofreading, and report writing.
- A highly professional, efficient, accurate, and deadline-complaint editing service of Nepali language knowledge products by ensuring accuracy in language, structure, and rhetoric expressions as stated in the above-mentioned scope of work and responsibilities
- Documents delivered (preferably) in Microsoft Word in three versions: clean copies, copies with changes track marked, and third versions with comments of edited Nepali text
- The edited documents ensure content ambiguity is resolved, errors in language are removed, the structure is improved, and the overall quality and standard of the edited knowledge products are enhanced
- The Consultant is also required to reflect in her/his comments and corrections the principles upon which such corrections were done
- Demonstrated experience and expertise in editing communication and outreach related knowledge products
- Proven experience of behavioral communication and adult learning will be an advantage
- Proven expertise in Human Rights, Governance, Human Trafficking, Gender equality, and social inclusion related issues; &
- Previous experience of working with government, donors, civil society organizations (CSOs) will be an asset
Interested Nepalese nationals can submit the following documents to [email protected] with the subject “Consultant: Nepali Language Editor for Hamro Samman- Annual Contracting” in the subject line. Application closes on 09 June 2021.
- A resume/CV outlining relevant experience and work references
- An expression of interest, stating suitability for the assignment, lists specific media campaigns for which the applicant has developed measurement methods with one or more samples of previous work.
- A proposal that includes:
- Brief concept note outlining tentative work plan for assignment with the cost estimate.
- Financial proposal for the piece of work proposed in the TOR with evidence to support the proposal.
- PAN and/or VAT registration required. For firms, latest tax clearance certificate and company registration is mandated.
All employees and consultants must adhere to USAID, UK Aid, and Winrock International's code of ethics, and specifically child safeguarding and trafficking in person provisions covered in the project agreement.