Monitoring, Evaluation, and Learning (MEL) Specialist for Urja Nepal, a five-year USAID funded project. This is anticipated to be a five-year program, however the position is currently for one year with possibility of renewal.
The purpose of Urja Nepal is to create a financially viable electricity sector that provides affordable, reliable and secure power and enables the entry of private investment into the Nepali market.
The Monitoring, Evaluation and Learning (MEL) Specialist will lead project data analysis and reporting of progress against performance management plan indicators. He/she will work directly with each project component lead, the Chief of Party (COP), Deputy Chief of Party (DCOP) and MEL specialists from home office to ensure that the Project is adequately evaluating its progress and communicating its findings to USAID. He/she will also coordinate with the Project Management Team to manage the Project’s compliance with entering data into Deloitte repositories, USAID online portals and leading other knowledge management and communications activities for the project. The position reports directly to the DCOP.
Deliverables, Tasks and/or Outputs
Key responsibilities include but are not limited to
- Lead development of MEL plan, Performance Indicator Reference Sheets (PIRS) and source data management systems.
- Fulfill all internal project M&E requirements, including the preparation of data for project reporting
- Develop and manage the project performance-based management system to effectively capture and report on all project deliverables
- Develop, update, and monitor progress of the performance management plan
- Lead updates of data into USAID systems (including Development Information Solution (DIS)
- Identify technical assistance needs of project counterparts and training resources as appropriate.
- Maintain existing indicator tracking tools and Develop additional databases and tracking tools as needed
- Help design and present to USAID on indicators, M&E and project rollout as needed
- Deliver M&E training and technical assistance to project counterparts, grantees or subcontractors to ensure the quality of their reporting.
- Ensure all M&E activities are conducted within the scope of the project.
- Contribute to the development of annual work plans to identify project targets and ensure inclusion of M&E activities
- Upload deliverables to USAID online portal (such as Development Experience Clearinghouse (DEC) or others as required)
- Manage Urja Nepal’s training reporting and uploading onto USAID online system Training Exchange and Automated Management System (TEAMS)
- Lead USAID reporting process (Quarterly Reports, Annual Reports, etc.) in close coordination with project leadership
- Lead response as required to USAID evaluations such as Data Quality Assessments (DQAs)
- Enter and maintain all required source data and supporting documentation
Learning and Knowledge Management Functions:
- Comply with and advise on USAID branding and marking, including drafting waivers if appropriate
- Create and integrate graphics in reports and information products to help visualize data in a meaningful way and comply with USAID graphic standards
- Lead the development of success stories
- Work with the project team to develop reports, articles, document lessons learned and put together reports for USAID newsletters
- Coordinate technical inputs for monthly reports, quarterly reports, and other deliverables as required by the task order
- Assist with deliverable tracking, communications and drafting/editing documents
- Lead branding and marking checking on all project deliverables
- Lead printing and design of all reports and training materials
- Assist with training and workshop material and event management, coordinating participant lists, and development of training evaluations
- Proactively synthesize and analyze MEL data to feed back to technical team and project leadership to advise on future adjustments to project design
- Ensure that all knowledge management techniques integrate with project processes, policies, and procedures
- Lead the design and implementation of innovative solutions to knowledge management problems when they arise
- Design and implement an effective filing system for project-related documents and maintain information repositories
- Train staff on project learning and knowledge management systems
- Upload final deliverables to USAID online system
- Produce reports on M&E findings and prepare presentations based on M&E data as required
- Integrate gender into M&E systems promoting gender equality and gender mainstreaming
- Integrate minority and socially marginalized groups inclusion into project design and monitoring systems
- Support in setting Gender and Social Inclusion (GESI) targets and assist to monitor and capture its outcomes.
- Support on making GESI strategy to ensure data collected includes performance measures and indicators for project and is aligned to gender equality and social inclusion policy
- Perform other functions as directed by the Chief of Party, Objective Leads and/or the Deputy Chief of Party and coordinate with other technical team members
- Ability to work within a fast-paced environment where there are multiple competing priorities and to determine the order in which tasks are handled
- Effective time management, documentation, and organizational skills
The MEL Specialist should have the following qualifications:
- Master’s degree
- Minimum of five years’ relevant professional, extensive and demonstrated experience working on core Monitoring & Evaluation tasks for USAID or other donor projects
- Strong working knowledge of developing, tracking and reporting on key indicators for measuring project effectiveness and impact for programs
- Demonstrated knowledge of USAID graphics standards, branding and marking requirements and compliance requirements
- Demonstrated experience in ME&KM processes including data collection with attention to data quality assurance
- Strong writing and reporting skills
- Experience in gender mainstreaming and social inclusion strongly preferred
- Knowledge Management experience strongly preferred
- Marketing and Communications experience strongly preferred
- Strong graphic design skills strongly preferred
- Working knowledge of USAID systems (DIS, TEAMS, DEC) strongly preferred
- Experience working with USAID specifically is strongly preferred
- Experience with the MS technology suite (Microsoft Office) required. Experience with MS TEAMS, Project and MS SharePoint preferred
- Self-starter, willing to take initiative and be proactive with coordinating with project technical team
- Ability to work well with diverse teams and multiple time zones
- Ability to set priorities while multi-tasking and meeting deadlines.
Please ensure resume/application DOES NOT INCLUDE personal information such as gender, age, marital status, ethnicity, religion. DCOP LLC is an equal opportunity employer. This position is open to Nepali nationals only.