The MEL Advisor will provide technical leadership and oversee the monitoring, evaluation and learning components of the anticipated project. The Advisor will lead the development of the MEL plan; design, implement, and maintain MEL systems and processes to capture program activities and results; and ensure the collection and analysis of quality, timely and valid data. The Advisor collaborates with the project team, partner organizations and government counterparts to support learning, evaluation and planning; oversee data analysis, dissemination, and use; and train MEL personnel. The Advisor reports on MEL data and develops strategies for project improvements for greater impact and sustainability. The MEL Advisor will build capacity of government counterparts and develop and implement a learning program to inform policy makers and other stakeholders.
- Lead the development and implementation of the MEL plan for the Activity, including indicator selection and definition, target setting for all indicators, planning of all necessary data collection and analysis.
- Oversee and directly contribute to the development and implementation of M&E tools and systems to collect, interpret and aggregate data that track tangible, measurable progress toward project results and data that meet donor reporting requirements.
- Develop high quality quantitative and qualitative methods and participatory methodologies to monitor program quality for performance and results; design appropriate feedback mechanisms to assess whether approaches implemented by the project are effective.
- Working closely with the COP, lead team of M&E officers and provide training to staff, primary stakeholders, and implementing partners on M&E components, such as monitoring plan, assessments, reviews, surveys and evaluations.
- Provide ongoing oversight and technical assistance to partners implementing monitoring and evaluation activities, ensuring data and analysis are of high quality
- Contribute to collaborative, learning and adaptive (CLA) approach throughout the entire project; design program learning plan, ensure that findings from all monitoring, assessment and survey activities are fed back into the project and disseminated to stakeholders and partners for continuous program adjustments.
- Undertake periodic reviews of project MEL systems; provide guidance for quality assurance, as well as best practices documentation and reporting.
- Oversee the publication and dissemination of information on successful and promising approaches, lessons learned and other program results to program partners, donors, government counterparts, and other key stakeholders.
- Provide high quality and timely submission of all required project reports, including documentation of success stories, analysis of data for indicator calculation, summary of qualitative findings, etc.
- Work collaboratively with members of FHI 360’s Research & Evaluation team to achieve project M&E goals.