Currently Sahara Nepal is seeking qualified professional for the
position of MEAL Officer for “Strengthening Livelihood and Community
Resilience through the promotion of Nutrition-sensitive food production
of Neglected and Underutilized Crop Species (NUCS)” project in Udaypur
districts and “Access to improved Water and sanitation in the upper
Trishuli River Basin Project” in Rasuwa and Nuwakot districts in
partnership with ACF Nepal.
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Officer
Input: 75% for Udaypur and 25% for Nuwakot and Rasuwa Based Projects
Duty Station: Kathmandu based with frequent field visits
- Prepare the monitoring plans and ensure quality of implementation, compliance and accountability of both projects
and update the M&E framework, tools and reporting templates in
coordination with the MEAL focal Person of Action Contre la Faim.
- Define data collection methodology. Collect, clean, edit and validate the data.
- Manage and present the data on a regular basis on project performance updates.
- Conduct project base line and end line KAP surveys.
- Assess and crate the database of corresponding projects.
- Share relevant MEAL findings with program teams and management.
- Identify lessons learned and develop case studies to capture qualitative outcomes of the project.
Bachelor’s Degree and at least 3 years experience of monitoring,
evaluation, accountability and learning experience in WASH and FSL
Required Knowledge and Skills
- Developing key performance indicators,
- Expertise in data measurement and management,
- Capability of multiple assessments including vulnerability and need assessments,
- Ability to manage events and activity outcomes
- Basic knowledge of DRRM sector
- Competent on running computerized statistical and M&E systems,
- Proficient in report writing, documentation and data visualization,
- Good interpersonal and communication skills.