PART 1 – JOB DESCRIPTION
MEAL Coordinator is responsible for working with Response Manager to provide technical support to Tearfund and its partners for the design, implementation and management and leaning from projects across Tearfund, Partners and staffs, operating in Nepal. Leading in analysis, development of case studies/beneficiary stories and other learning activities to help ensure accountability and efficiency of projects. This role provides comprehensive oversight for implementation of Tearfunds’s Beneficiary accountability commitments and play vital role in capacity building of Partner’s staff in the respective area.
- In liaison with sector advisors and project team helps plan and shape the overall strategy and sector policy for a Tearfund country programme as articulated in the Country Strategy, and ensure that programming in the specific sector reflects this strategy.
- Support Response Manager on Beneficiary Accountability in planning overall implementation of the sector activities and strategy.
- Monitor the humanitarian situation and potential future scenarios with respect to the sector, providing detailed reports and analysis, recommending to partners and the Tearfund senior management team appropriate sector-related responses.
- Develop the overall M&E framework in consultation with project team that includes annual project and mid-term reviews, participatory impact assessments, process monitoring, operations monitoring and lessons-learned workshops.
- Ensure Tearfund’s purpose, values, and the programme objectives are communicated amongst sector staff and facilitate input from sector staff in the strategic planning process.
- Lead and participate in the sector Program team discussions, leadership, reviewing progress against strategic objectives, budget expenditure, Human Resources, and any other sector concerns.
- Ensure that the Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) and guidelines regarding M&E are developed and updated where necessary and inducted to the related staffs of Partner institutions.
- Develop strategy and process documentation on Accountability and build partner’s capacity on the theme.
SURGE CAPACITY SUPPORT
- Capacity building and support partner institutions on monitoring and evaluation and accountability and learning (MEAL) in the various program consortiums.
- Notify partners in liaison with line managers of any potential funding opportunities and where needed, work together to produce concept notes and proposals.
- Encourage partners by making them feel that they are being cared for and listened to.
PROJECT / SUPPORT FUNCTION MANAGEMENT
- Lead, participate or advise project staff and Tearfund partners in the preparation and implementation of special studies (e.g. baseline, impact evaluation, mid-term review end of project surveys of affected communities.) through participatory needs / vulnerability & capacities assessments. This may include:
- Protocol development
- Drafting data collection tools
- Conducting analyses and drafting reports
- Provide on project design and proposal and budget preparations for institutional and private donors to meet identified needs and strengthen local capacities within the sector.
- Advise on the implementation of project interventions to achieve project outputs and objectives, including regular monitoring and mid-term reviews in accordance with Tearfund and donor requirements.
- Be the Lead, or advise and participate in the end of project learning reviews and evaluations as appropriate and in the analysis of results.
- Lead on ensuring the timely compilation of situation updates, monthly reports for the country program, UK and donors.
- Develop an overall MEAL plan.
- Develop project-related capacity-building plans on MEAL and identify or mobilize additional resources to implement and monitor the progress and impacts;
- Ensure the maintenance of general office files and keep information and reference material in a manner that allows easy reference and retrieval.
- Ensure compilation of periodical reports pertaining to project activities
- Build partner’s capacity on accountability through developing indicators, frameworks and tools and training to partners.
- Guide the process for identifying and designing the key indicators for each component, to record and report physical progress against the annual work plan.
- Guide the process for identifying the key performance questions and parameters for monitoring project performance and comparing it to targets;
CORPORATE POLICY AND COMPLIANCE
- Responsible for ensuring health and safety is considered in the implementation of sector activities, ensuring the policy is understood by staffs.
- Engage with Tearfund partners in a proactive manner project learning reviews and evaluations as appropriate and in the analysis of results.
- Have a greater understanding of project process at the community and National level and inform and influence partner work plans and projects.
- Support partners in project design and proposal and budget preparations.
- Encourage and create avenues for cross-learning among partners to build credible resources that can be used for a wider audience.
- When required liaise with managers and support the implementation of Tearfund’s staff development policy, including personal development planning, across project teams in a way that is consistent and transparent.
- Supporting in the implementation of performance management and staff development system as applicable.
- When required, represent Tearfund and Tearfund partners to other NGOs and UN agencies, ensuring coordination and constructive working relations, and attending relevant inter-agency coordination meetings
- Seek to positive local working relationship with local communities, district government officials, UN and where appropriate, donor representatives, working independently and with other agencies to build local community acceptance on Tearfund and other humanitarian agencies.
- Build capacities of selected local Tearfund partner organizations.
- Assistant in developing collaborative programmes with Integral Alliance, like minded organizations, other agencies and national partners in accordance with country strategy.
- As required attend relevant meetings workshops, conferences as required and keep informed of sector developments and key initiatives.
PART 2 – PERSON SPECIFICATION
JOB TITLE: MEAL Coordinator
- Degree or equivalent in relevant Sector
- Planning, M&E and management qualification
- Minimum of 5 years of experience in MEAL of which at least 2 should be in leadership role.
- Experience in the following areas
- Strategic planning
- Monitoring and evaluation
- Working with partner organizations
- Competency in both quantitative and qualitative research methods
- Working to sector specific SPHERE Standards, People In Aid and Red Cross Codes of Conduct.
- Development professional
- Competencies in setting up M&E systems
- Training and Facilitation skills
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills
- Trainer on Project Cycle Management
Interpersonal Communication Skills
- Research tools and techniques for social development, participatory development ,
- Community Development
- Networking and representation skills
- Computer Skills- MS.office and, Windows,
- Training Skills
- Mentoring skills
- Commitment to accountability to beneficiaries and transparency, showing dignity and respect and demonstrating listening and understanding
- Understanding and sensitivity to cross-cultural issues
- Flexible and adaptable to ever changing environments
- Ability to remain calm under pressure
- Diplomatic and determined
- Willingness to travel across the programme and live in basic conditions
- People developer and motivator
If you would like to apply for the job, please send a copy of your updated CV and application form to email@example.com
Application form can be downloaded from Application Form