Job title: Monitoring Evaluation Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Manager
Required No: 1
Duty Station: Country Office – Lalitpur
Department / Team / Project: HEAL Project
Reports to: Project Director (PD)
Working hours: 8:30AM – 4:00PM
Overall purpose of Job
Under the supervision of HEAL Project Director, the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Manager will improve the quality of project through improved monitoring and accountability system in all the project areas, collecting, collating and verifying the information received from project districts, Government of Nepal and NGO partners in a way that provides current situation for appropriate programming and evidences of change over time.
Key tasks and Responsibilities
Monitoring & Reporting:
- Provide technical support in developing monitoring and evaluation plan for the HEAL project and in conducting survey/evaluation including baseline studies, midterm evaluation and end line survey mainly on methodologies, tools and sampling strategies
- Provide technical support on collecting data and managing reporting requirements on total reach, national and global outcome indicators, evaluation overview as well as effective use of existing data from TLMN run Anandaban Hospital and clinics. Study other hospital data management procedures to improve our own.
- Provide technical input and facilitated in the entire process of HMS implementation at Anandaban Hospital and country Office.
- Provide technical support to clarify project indicators and TLMN KPIs for different thematic areas. Develop and analyze database; help maintain data, reports and case story repository to promote use of sharing platforms between ley staff, departments, organizations and entities.
- Conduct monitoring visits in the project areas as per the agreed plan and monitor the quality of interventions against the minimum standards; produce and share high quality MEAL reports on regular basis to PD, partners and donor with the standard protocols.
- Ensure that periodic MEAL reports including Project Completion are shared and debriefed at different levels, action plans for addressing the quality gaps are developed and followed. Support for project reporting as per TLMN and donor standards.
- Systemize and manage key external data useful for TLMN programmes. Identify new information and data requirements to support TLMN and partners.
Evaluation and Learning:
- Take lead in conducting/facilitating strategic project reviews and evaluations
- Provide technical support for conducting mid-term as well as final project evaluations as per the requirement. This includes reviewing evaluation ToRs, developing methodologies, sampling strategy in line with the TLM/UKAID evaluation standards ∙ Promote cross-thematic and cross-projects learning
- Develop and follow up to ensure that MEAL activities are carried out as per the agreed plan and budget.
- In consultation with PD, develop/revise the MEAL structure according to of requirement of the project.
- Build and nurture a MEAL community of practice at TLMN to foster technical knowledge and growth.
- In coordination with PD, provide on-going and one-off technical MEAL support and advice to TLMN projects and partners as needed. May include orienting other COs and NGOs.
- Ensure that core MEAL training modules and approaches are rolled out effectively to project staff and partners. Build capacity and provide mentoring for project staff on themes related to MEAL.
- Explore opportunities and ensure that project staff access appropriate capacity building and development opportunities.
Coordination and Representation:
- Liaise with HEAL project and other staff and partners for sharing, learning and updates on new developments on MEAL and related requirements.
- Identify relevant technical assistance providers and pull technical assistance as needed for strengthening MEAL system at TLMN.
- Represent TLMN participation in national, regional and global MEAL initiatives as needed.
- Ensure consistent MEAL methodology and quality assurance across thematic programs ∙ Support in increasing visibility of TLMN through coordination and planning with existing projects and partners.
- Provide technical support in conducting situation analysis, mainly in designing study methodologies, tools and sampling strategies.
- Provide technical support for developing, reviewing and updating country strategic plan* ∙ Participate actively in the TLMN annual and country review providing oversight and compiling reports (e.g. total reach, KPIs, etc.)
- Identify needs and opportunities for potential programs, through situation analyses/feasibility studies, networking, and leveraging research and evaluation findings from both internal and external sources.
- Provide technical support to design new project (proposal writing) in TLMN.
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modeling TLMN values.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Working together with the Project Director to support the implementation of the policies, procedures and Code of Conduct and raise awareness of safeguarding issues within the project and community.
- To ensure that there is a beneficiary feedback mechanism in place (Community–Based Complaints Mechanism.
- Receives reports about concerns or incidents at project level.
- Reports all concerns raised to the Country Designated Safeguarding Lead.
Any special working conditions
- Registered with Nepal Health Professional Council
Notes applying to all jobs at TLMN
- TLM Nepal has a zero-tolerance policy towards any abuse, neglect and exploitation to all people. The post holder should have signed and must comply with all TLMN organizational policies, including the Safeguarding Code of Conduct and the Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable Adults Policy.
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Statistics or related Social Sciences
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in leading, developing and managing M&E systems for large scale, multi sectoral programmes. Experience in inclusive development, health and disability is an advantage
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications including use of Microsoft Office (Advance level Excel), working knowledge of SPSS or STATA is preferred
- High level of technical skills, knowledge and experiences on strategic planning, program design using various logical modules including log-frames, result framework etc. ∙ Have knowledge, experiences and conceptual understanding on accountability, especially to communities and beneficiaries
- Previous experience in leading teams and building M&E capacity (developing training tools, training, coaching and mentoring) in DFID funded project is an advantage ∙ Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural setting with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Synthesize and analyze complex information and present in simplified terms for common understanding across the board-with excellent data presentation skills. Ability to present complex information in an understandable manner, and to use innovative forms of communication
- Fluency in written and spoken Nepali and English languages
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are requested to visit our website at https://tlmnepal.org/career/ and submit their application through the online portal. The application deadline is on 21st January 2022, 4:00 pm.
TLM Nepal has a zero-tolerance policy towards any abuse, neglect and exploitation to all people. The post holder should have signed and must comply with all TLMN organizational policies, including the Safeguarding Code of Conduct and the Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable Adults Policy.