Plantation Initiative Nepal is NGO registered in DAO Lalitpur and affiliated with SWC. The objective of PIN is to promote activities for environment protection.
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Have an understanding of the mission and vision of the organization on a macro level.
- Regular travel will be required. Based on a pre-determined travel schedule, this position will be required to visit each of the project sites on a rotating basis. They will also be required to travel as needed, outside of the pre-schedule trips.
- Develop and strengthen monitoring, and evaluation procedures (M&E plan, indicators.) Responsible to develop M&E plans as per sites.
- Initiate and conduct forest inventory work in project sites.
- Pioneer the development, review and utilization of data collection, monitoring and reporting tools.
- Participate actively in the implementation of M&E processes by providing technical support and checking quality.
- Initiate data analysis to review data trends and overall project performance
- Monitor all project activities and progress towards achieving the project output.
- Review all reports to ensure that data provided is reliable and accurate and that target indicators are met and explanations provided where indicators are not met;
- Organize and conduct training on M&E.
- Support team members in capturing and documenting best practices and success stories for learning, reference and dissemination.
- Minimum 2 years of working experience in relevant field
- Must be detail oriented.
- Ability to work well with people from different background and cultures.
- Ability to be a creative problem solver, be proactive, and create order out of ambiguity.
- Organize and accurately complete multiple tasks by establishing priorities while taking into consideration special assignments, deadlines, available resources and multiple reporting relationships.
- Proficiency in MS Word, MS Excel, Google earth, GIS.