Duty Station: TLMN Country Office, Lalitpur
Required No: 1
Reports to: Programmes Manager
Overall Purpose of Job
Under the supervision of IMPACT Project Manager and TLMN Programmes Manager the Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability and Learning (MEAL) Manager will work towards improving the quality of project through improved monitoring and evaluation system in the specified project area and will be accountable for supervision of collecting, collating and verifying the information received from TLMN project districts, Government of Nepal and NGO partners in a way that provides current situation for appropriate programming and evidences of change over time.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
Monitoring & Reporting:
- Provide technical support in developing monitoring and evaluation plan for IMPACT project and in conducting baseline/mid-term and end term studies mainly on methodologies, tools and sampling strategies.
- Provide technical support on collecting data and managing reporting requirements on total reach, national and global outcome indicators, evaluation overview as well as effective use of existing data from TLMN run Anandaban Hospital and clinics. Study other hospital data management procedures to improve our own system.
- Provide technical support to clarify project indicators and TLMN KPIs for different thematic areas. Develop and analyze database; help maintain data, reports and case story repository to promote use of sharing platforms between key staff, departments, organizations and entities.
- Conduct monitoring visits in the project areas as per the agreed plan and monitor the quality of interventions against the minimum standards; produce and share high quality MEAL reports on regular basis to PM, partners and donor with the standard protocols.
- Ensure that periodic MEAL reports are shared and debriefed at different levels; action plans for addressing the quality gaps are developed and followed. Support for project reporting as per TLMN and donor standards.
- Systemize and manage key external data useful for TLMN programmes. Identify new information and data requirements to support TLMN and partners.
- Informed line manager about the result and consequences that has gone out of the tract than the project protocol and log frame in time.
- Facilitate for project staff to make monthly, quarterly, semi-annually and annually activities plan with reference to project protocol for respective district based on the GANTT chart.
Evaluation and Learning:
- Take lead in conducting/facilitating strategic project reviews and evaluations.
- Provide technical support for conducting mid-term as well as final project evaluations as per the requirement. This includes reviewing evaluation ToRs, developing methodologies, sampling strategy in line with the TLMN/DFAT evaluation standards
- Promote cross-thematic and cross-projects learning
- Develop and follow up to ensure that MEAL activities are carried out as per the agreed plan and budget.
- In consultation with IMPACT Project Manager, develop/revise the MEAL structure according to need
- Prepare the document of best practices (booklet or video documentary) and disseminate the information and support for publication.
- Build and nurture a MEAL community of practice at TLMN to foster technical knowledge and growth.
- In coordination with Programmes Manager, provide on-going and technical MEAL support and advice to project staff, TLMN projects and partners as needed. May include orienting other COs and NGOs
- Ensure that core MEAL training modules and approaches are rolled out effectively to project staff and partners. Build capacity and provide mentoring for project staff on themes related to MEAL.
- Explore opportunities and ensure that project staff access appropriate capacity building and development opportunities.
Coordination and Representation:
- Liaise with IMPACT project and other staff and partners for sharing, learning and updates on new developments on MEAL and related requirements.
- Identify relevant technical assistance providers and pull technical assistance as needed for strengthening MEAL system at TLMN.
- Represent TLMN participation in national, regional and global MEAL initiatives as needed.
- Coordinate with district level & municipality level govt line agencies, I/NGOs for better coordination, collaboration, joint initiative, facilitation support and collective advocacy & bargaining.
- Ensure consistent MEAL methodology and quality assurance across thematic programs Support in increasing visibility of TLMN through coordination and planning with existing projects and partners.
- Provide technical support in conducting situation analysis, mainly in designing study methodologies, tools and sampling strategies
- Provide technical support for developing, reviewing and updating country strategic plan*
- Participate actively in the TLMN annual and country review providing oversight and compiling reports (e.g. total reach, KPIs, etc.)
- Identify needs and opportunities for potential programs, through situation analyses/feasibility studies, networking, and leveraging research and evaluation findings from both internal and external sources
- Significant level of effort anticipated in 2021 due to TLMN’s new phase strategy development and adaptation
- Prepare regular (quarterly, semi-annual and annual project report) and submit to Project Manager of IMPACT.
- Collect information from project staffs and submit monthly progress report to Project Manager of IMPACT.
- Support Country office team in regular recording and reporting of TLMN projects , using the HMIS system
- Accountable for project records, data, Project reports of IMPACT and Anandaban Hospital in supportive capacity of the Country office Programmes team.
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities – giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved.
- Working together with the Project Manager to support the implementation of the policies, procedures and Code of Conduct and raise awareness of safeguarding issues within the project and community.
- To ensure that there is a beneficiary feedback mechanism in place (Community–Based Complaints Mechanism.
- Receives reports about concerns or incidents at project level
- Reports all concerns raised to the Country Designated Safeguarding Lead
- Any other job as assigned and agreed with the reporting manager.
Any special working conditions: NHPC registration
- Master’s degree in Public Health, Statistics or related Social Sciences
- Minimum 2 to 3 years’ experience in leading, developing and managing M&E systems for large scale, multi sectoral programmes. Experience in inclusive development, health and disability is an advantage.
- Demonstrated proficiency in computer applications including use of Microsoft Office (Advance level Excel), working knowledge of SPSS or STATA is preferred
- High level of technical skills, knowledge and experiences on strategic planning, program design using various logical modules including log-frames, result framework etc.
- Have knowledge, experiences and conceptual understanding on accountability, especially to communities and beneficiaries
- Previous experience in leading teams and building M&E capacity (developing training tools, training, coaching and mentoring) in DFAT funded project is an advantage
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively in a multi-cultural setting with a wide variety of stakeholders.
- Synthesize and analyze complex information and present in simplified terms for common understanding across the board-with excellent data presentation skills. Ability to present complex information in an understandable manner, and to use innovative forms of communication
- Fluency in written and spoken Nepali and English languages
Interested candidates who meet the above requirements are requested to visit our website at https://tlmnepal.org/get-involved/#work and submit their application through the online portal. The application deadline is on 25th June 2021, 4:00 pm.
TLM Nepal has a zero-tolerance policy towards any abuse, neglect and exploitation to all people. The post holder should have signed and must comply with all TLMN organizational policies, including the Safeguarding Code of Conduct and the Safeguarding Children & Vulnerable Adults Policy.