No of positions: 1
Supervisor: Senior Technical Advisor
Under the supervision of the Senior Technical Advisor, the MNCH FP Specialist will oversee the maternal, newborn and child health and family planning technical aspects of USAID’s Strengthening Systems for Better Health project jointly with the Senior Technical Advisor and other Senior Management Team (SMT) members of the project and provincial technical teams. She/he will coordinate with Family Welfare Divisions (or appropriate authorities) of Ministry of Health and Population at federal level and other development partners primarily working in the field of MNCH and FP. Expected to work in close collaboration with provincial team to guide and mentor field staff in technical and programmatic approaches to improving delivery of MNCH/FP services in project operational area.
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Program Support (LOE 80%)
- Oversee all MNCH and FP components for Strengthening Systems for Better Health project, jointly with the Senior Technical Advisor
- Mentor, coach and support project team members in implementation modality and approaches for MNCH and FP initiatives jointly with province based MNCH/FP coordinators.
- In coordination with provincial technical and management team, provide oversight to the project field teams and troubleshoot any technical and programmatic challenges related to MNCH and FP aspects of the project.
- Work closely with other Specialists and ensure appropriate coordination with work streams overseen by those colleagues
- In coordination with Province based MNCH/FP Coordinator, lead and prepare to conduct situation assessments, documentation and timely dissemination of existing MNCH FP initiatives in health primarily focusing on Karnali Pradesh and other areas and incorporate appropriate initiatives (Intervention ) into project work plans and work plan prepared by Palika and Provincial governments
- Prepare and oversee implementation of MNCH and FP initiatives taken by the project and ensure timely delivery of activities (for example, monitoring against log-frames, individual performance management work plans)
Capacity Building (LOE 10%)
- In coordination with Senior Technical Advisor and province technical team ,develop capacity building plans for project team, stakeholders linking capacity building initiatives to wider opportunities identified on effective MNCH FP initiatives
- Lead the identification and facilitation of capacity building measures for project staff, government and partners on MNCH and FP
- Participate in development of strategies and tools to provide leadership, coaching and mentoring to different government counterparts and stakeholders, health facility staff, management committee members, community groups, , coordination committees to ensure that they have clear objectives, plans and support to enhance community support for demand generation, management of health system, monitoring service delivery from equity perspectives
Coordination (LOE 10%)
- Represent project team in selected technical working groups and forums at national forums in coordination with Senior Technical Advisor and other SMT members
- Collaborate and work with line agencies including MoH, MoFAGA, MoWCSW and other implementing partners and donors for smooth operations of the project activities on MNCH and FP activities
- Work with provincial teams and build their capacity to work with local elected bodies and councils at sub-national level to ensure their engagement and support for planning, implementing, monitoring of MNCH and FP related project activities
Required qualifications and experience:
- Master's degree in nursing or medicine or public health with clinical experience focusing maternal, newborn and child health sector
- Minimum 7 (5 years for GSI* group) years of experience in related roles and responsibilities
- Previous experience of working in role with MoH and donor or NGO or civil societies, at both national and sub-national levels
- In-depth knowledge of clinical and programmatic elements of MNCH/FP service delivery Familiarity with quality improvement approaches and systems
- Fluency in English and Nepali, both written and spoken
- Strong organizational and managerial skills
- Strong leadership skills and ability to develop this skill in others
- Strong interpersonal skills with ability to work in multi-cultural environment
- Able to establish good working relationships and positively contribute to a team
- Ability to effectively manage relationships between different stakeholders
- Flexible, positive and proactive approach to work
GSI group include Female, Dalit, Madhesi, People living with Disabilities and other indigenous/minorities.
SSBH is committed to achieving workforce diversity in terms of gender and culture. Individuals from minority groups and persons with disabilities are equally encouraged to apply. Only the shortlisted candidates will be contacted for further selection process. Canvassing at any stage of the processes shall lead to automatic disqualification.