The Program Development Manager (PDM) is responsible for high quality in program development and implementation (together with the M & E Manager) for Nepal CRS Company (Company). The PDM will ensure effective systems and processes are in place and rigorously followed in all programs and projects.
The incumbent is responsible for grant writing and institutional fundraising activities. The incumbent plays an important role in preparation of proposals and grant applications, and perform administrative activities in researching, identifying, developing and responding to public and private grant opportunities for fulfilling the organization's mission.
Job Type: Time Bound Contract
Required No.: 1
Location: Head Office - Kathmandu
Reports To: Director – Program
Level / Grade: 5
- Provide day-to-day support to program teams, including communicating and assisting with field-office requests and overseeing field team’s adherence to contract requirements and government regulations, including allowances, quarterly reports, and inventory reports.
- Conduct periodic field visits to monitor project administration, including conducting training, conducting quality control reviews, or responding to audits, providing input to work planning, if/as needed, conducting technical research, and performing other operational tasks
- Review and provide comments on project technical work and project reports, if/as needed
- Identify issues or potential risks and makes informed decisions on how to address the issues, communicating, when appropriate, with the director, the managing director, and/or senior vice president
- Identify potential donors nationally and internationally and conduct research on the prospective donors (through the internet, newspapers, magazines, networking etc.)
- Develop key relationships with corporate partners for fundraising possibilities
- Develop individual plans to approach donors/sponsors, foster relationships, and solicit donations
Research & Proposal Writing
- Research and identify public and private donor agencies for funding existing and new programs.
- Conduct a full range of activities required to prepare, submit, and manage proposals.
- Develop quality concept notes, tailored funding proposals, liaison with the program and finance department to develop detailed project proposals & budgets, for submission to donors/Institutional/corporate/Government funding agencies.
- Manage application process
- In coordination with officer -communication, promote the work of organization through presentations, the writing of PR materials, press releases, advertisements and media campaigns.
- Engage, develop and maintain professional relationships with international funding organizations, local business organizations and local companies and other community organizations in order to promote the fundraising activities and organization profile
- Guide the project set-up, including developing work plans, budgets and competence table with financial responsibilities and mandates
Compliance, Monitoring & Reporting
- Review donor agreements, including initial review to ensure donor compliance
- Comply with all donor reporting as required by donors
- Provide regular written updates to the director-Program
- Organize necessary monitoring / follow up visits for the funders / donors
- Ensure that project-based donor reports are of high quality and fulfil donor requirements
Network, Liaising and Donor Communication
- Network and collaborate with Government Institutions, Donor agencies, I/NGOs, Private (individual) donors, and Corporates with funding perspective, nationally and internationally
- Establish and cultivate close relationships with government/corporates/institutions, responding to their requests, updating them about the work of the organization
- Communication with donors and ensure timely request for adjustments to donor contracts when necessary
- Recording and reporting to donors regularly in appropriate format
- Perform other tasks as assigned by Program Director
Primary Interface – Internal
- Director, Program: Obtain necessary approvals & clearances and also obtain assistance and inputs whenever required
- Manager/Officer Program/Project: To gather information necessary to report the donors /funders / sponsors
- Communication Officer: For visibility and presentations related work while communicating with donors/funders
Primary Interface – External
- New Funders: Approach new funders by writing proposal to them for making Nepal CRS grant recipient of their program implementation in the country
- Government/corporations/institutions: Establish and cultivate close relationships, responding to their requests, updating them about the work of the organization
Qualification and Experience
- Minimum Qualification: Master’s degree in public health, social sciences or any other related development field
- Minimum Experience: 5 years of experience in handling/managing proposals in donor/funding agencies with at least 3 years of hand on experience in proposal development in an I/NGO environment
- Preferred Experience: Proven track record on writing proposals, grant writing & management and successful institutional fundraising and donor liaison/reporting
Please go through detailed TOR for the position before applying. The TOR can be downloaded HERE
Application should possess cover letter and CV indicating academic and professional qualifications with 2 references by 16th September, 2020.
Nepal CRS Company is an Equal Opportunity Employer. Qualified and eligible women candidate or those from disadvantaged background are highly encouraged to apply. Nepal CRS will contact only shortlisted candidates. Enquiry through telephone or email at any stage of the process will not be entertained and shall lead to automatic disqualification.