TEAM/PROGRAME: Emergency Response
CONTRACT LENGTH: December 2016 with possibility of extension
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 2 Either the role holder will have access to personal data about children and/or young people as part of their work
This role will lead or coordinate the set up or scale up of emergency response logistics functions and responsibilities and will supervise and manage logistics staff. The role will include logistics support to a emergency response or field base within a larger response. As such, the role may include remote management, management of remote field bases or direct line management of a particular logistics function.
- Providing leadership and supportive supervision to the field logistics teams.
- Coordination of programme logistics; implement the country logistics policies and procedures for the management of the supply chain, including one or more of the following areas; procurement, transport and distribution, warehousing and stock management, management of vehicle fleets, communication systems, and assets
- Ensure that Save the Children minimum standards of logistics procedures and country policies are implemented and adhered to in the area of responsibility, supporting relevant staff as required
- Manage and support logistics staff including ensuring clear division of responsibilities, clear objectives, and management of performance.
- Apply best level of judgement to advise the Field Manager on logistics decision making based on the given circumstances.
- Ensure that procedures within the specific area of responsibility meet Save the Children and donor regulations, whether that be a within a given technical sector in logistics, or a specific field base
- Provide support to senior logistics staff on areas relating to budgets, technical aspects of the programme, and implementation mechanisms as required
- Provide logistics training and capacity building to SCI and partner organisation staff members as required.
- Provide advisory support to the partner organisations in the event of large procurement and/or distribution events.
- The post-holder will comply with all relevant Save the Children policies and procedures with respect to child safeguarding, safety and security, code of conduct, equal opportunities and other relevant policies.
- Manage warehouse, fleet, transport and procurement for the cluster office
- Manage receiving incoming material and put on warehouse as per SCI standard procedure and dispatch material in various districts under the cluster as per the requirement
- Coordinate with the district emergency response team including logistics officer and distribution officer for various emergency supplies
- Coordinate with the Emergency Logistics Unit in CO for any procurement needed for cluster, transport and fleet management as per requirement
- Acquire and manage warehouse, trucks, pick-up and prepare agreement and make payment as per the agreement.
- Comply with Save the Children policies and practice with respect to child protection, code of conduct, health and safety, equal opportunities and other relevant policies and procedures.
QUALIFICATIONS & EXPERIENCE
- Master's degree in Management or related discipline(s) with minimum 3* years of working experience in relevant field (2 years* for application from GSI group)