Responsible to: Community Empowerment Officer
Stipend: NRP 13,000
Number of roles: 1
Contract length: 1 year
Librarian & Children Activities Facilitator Intern is responsible cataloging library resources, maintaining library records, managing budgets, and planning book donations.
Facilitates activities for children under the age of 8 years to engage them in literacy as well as creative expression through reading and writing.
Should be able to secure sustainable funds for the library by organizing free and paid events in the local community for children.
Purpose of the Role:
- Interact with the local community, including parents, young people and children to engage them in the library
- Promote access to the library by conducting promotional activities
- Establish a network together with the Community Empowerment Officer and local partners, such as schools and after school clubs
- Facilitate activities for children under the age of 8 years to engage and inspire them for literacy and creative ways of learning
Responsibilities and Detailed Job Descriptions:
- Collect and catalogue library resources including books and other publications
- Help people locate reference or leisure reading materials
- Maintain library records
- Facilitate training on how to use the library
- Perform regular audits of the information and inventory
- Check the quality of the books and re-order if necessary
- Manage budget, planning and any volunteer activities
- Oversee the check-out process for books and other resource materials
- Make sure the library meets the needs of the users
- Raise funds for the library by organising events and/ or membership system
- Organise regular activities for children under the age of 8 years (such as story telling time, inter school competitions, themed drawing sessions) to inspire them
- Outstanding interpersonal, organisational and communication skills
- In-depths knowledge of library database systems
- Experience in working with children and young people
- Experience in facilitating activities
- Knowledge of fundraising events
Qualifications and Experience needed:
- Ideally a Bachelor's degree in social work and experience of working in a library
Interested candidates are requested to mail their Letter of Motivation and CV mentioning the expected salary at [email protected] with the subject as ‘Librarian & Children Activities Facilitator Intern’.
Telephonic inquiries will not be entertained.