Reports To: Head Librarian
- Checking-in, checking-out and circulation of library materials.
- Perform patron registration and transaction activities.
- Process new books, maintain circulation records and make reserves on requested books.
- Manage library data and reports utilizing library software systems.
- Maintain library materials including bibliographic and other library files.
- Assist staff in collecting, cataloguing, preparing, and organizing library materials according to established policies.
- Assist readers in finding books and help students and faculty with research problems and reference questions.
- Plan and prepare policies for the overall management of the library.
- Address administrative issues like collecting fines and managing reservations.
- Maintain a clean, safe and organized environment.
- Edit bibliographic to add or remove items according to current library stock.
- Perform routine maintenance of library equipment including computers, audio-visual devices, printers, and photocopiers.
- Manage library inventory, perform stock checks, and prepare item lists for removal, relocation and binding.
- Manage serial collection and acquisition of new library materials.
- Proper arrangement of the book with accurate classification and labelling procedure.
- Support in administrative work or any work that may be required.
- Writing minutes of meeting twice a month or whenever required.
Note: This job description sets out the main responsibilities but is not intended to be an exhaustive list. Specific duties may change from time to time without changing the general nature of the post and are expected to be flexible in the range of responsibilities s/he undertakes.
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV along with their cover letter to [email protected]. Please specify the position applied for in the subject line in the email.
Please visit our website for further inquiry at https://www.thebritishcollege.edu.np/pages/tbc-vacancies/3/13