Suaaahara II (Based in Kathmandu)
Knowledge Management and Program Support Specialist (KM&PSS) will lead knowledge management process of CARE’s components (Health, Integrated Adolescents, Resilience and GESI) under Suaahara II program. The incumbent is responsible to provide leadership and guidance to the program staffs on KM tools and processes, monitoring, evaluation, outcome mapping and impact assessment of CARE interventions within Suaahara II. S/he is also responsible for the development and implementation of simple and particle tools, process guides and behaviors in line with CARE Nepal’s KM systems to generate programmatic learning. This role will work closely with Suaahara II consortium partners, MER team, project M&E and knowledge management team, operations and program team to communicate and share evidence, learning, and updates from the work of the project and CARE Nepal.
REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
- Master’s Degree in Public Health or Nutrition with relevant experience in knowledge management, research and social analysis, with strong focus on social research and learning.
- At least 3 years of relevant experience in knowledge management and M&E demonstrating impact through quantitative and qualitative data or equivalent combination of academic research.
- Previous experience in the areas of maternal new born and child health (MNCH), nutrition, Gender Equity and Social Inclusion (GESI) mainstreaming, Resilience, and Disaster Risk Reduction (DRR).
- Experience of working with the health systems of Government of Nepal (GoN) and familiar with the current policies, strategies, guidelines and plan of GoN in relation to health and nutrition.
- Experience in GoN data management system and reporting
- Experience of working in consortium approach and working in USAID funded projects would be an added advantage.
Skills and Knowledge:
- Strong knowledge and experience in KM process, quantitative and qualitative monitoring, evaluation and learning techniques.
- Strong understanding of project/program and experience in development and implementation of project M&E methods, processes and tools including result based monitoring. Understanding of outcome mapping will be an added advantage.
- Good training and facilitation skill and experience in MEL and KM capacity building
- Solid experience in data analysis and generating project/program learning to guide project/program implementation and contribution in design process
- Strong command of MS Excel; Knowledge and experience of using statistical tools / software packages (SPSS and STATA) an advantage.
- Strong interpersonal communication skill
- Fluency in Nepali and English language in both written and verbal communication.
- Documentation, report writing and publication skills
- Familiarity of applying digital tools/equipment for M&E and knowledge management.
This job has expired.