TEAM/PROGRAMME: Global Fund
LOCATION: National Centre for AIDS and STD Control (NCASC), Kathmandu
POST TYPE: Fixed term till March 15, 2018
CHILD SAFEGUARDING: Level 3 - the responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with or access to children or young people
Save the Children is the leading independent organization for children. We save children’s lives; we fight for their rights; we help them fulfill their potential. We work together, with our partners from civil societies and government, to inspire breakthroughs in the way the world treats children and to achieve immediate and lasting change in their lives. We reached approximately two million populations and invested over 29 million US dollars in 2012 to reach more children than ever before, through programmes in Health, Nutrition, Education, Protection and Child Rights and Governance, Livelihood, HIV and AIDS, and Humanitarian crises.
Under the direct supervision of the SCM Coordinator, and under the guidance of the focal person of Logistic Unit of NCASC, the Junior PSM Officer will be responsible for storage of HIV commodities (which includes health products and related supplies) according to the standard storage guidelines and maintenance of quality, safety and security of stock. He/she will be responsible to receive and dispatch commodities, maintain stock registers/ records, update logistics database, and conduct routine physical verifications and reconciliation of all the commodities.
KEY AREAS OF ACCOUNTABILITY:
Support for Customs Clearance and Receiving Commodities:
- Provide support in preparing necessary documents and follow-up with the Ministry of Health, Department of Drug Administration and other relevant government agencies for import permission and exemption of Tax/VAT/import duties of HIV commodities.
- Timely arrange storage space for receiving the commodities, so that the commodities can be stored following good storage practice.
- Cross verify the quantities received against a final purchase order and report any discrepancies on time. Inspect the commodities and report any visible damages on time.
- Ensure that the commodities are stored in accordance with the standard storage guidelines and maintain quality, safety and security of all stock.
- Ensure that the commodities are sorted and labelled properly, and arranged neatly for the implementation of FIFO or FEFO systems as necessary.
- Monitor storage conditions (temperature and humidity) of the warehouse including those of cold-chain store to ensure that the conditions are maintain as per the requirements given by manufacturers of the commodities.
- Supervise daily cleaning activities, and ensure that other cleaning schedules are followed, and necessary records are maintained
- Carry out cycle counts and reconcile variations and maintain their documentations.
Distribution of Commodities:
- Prepare and manage bi-monthly supply/ distribution plans for proper and timely distribution of the commodities to service deliver points (SDP).
- Package commodities for distribution properly so that there is no quality deterioration during their transportation until they are received at their destinations.
- Prepare handover forms (hastantaran farams) for SDPs and collect and maintain corresponding receipts (dakhila pratibedan faram) from the SDPs.
Recording and Documentation:
- Manage/maintain logistics files, assuring that all required documentation/approvals are kept properly for easy retrieval.
- Timely record all transactions in the stock book end ensure the accuracy of the recordings.
- Support Store Officer in the maintenance of online inventory management system.
- Support Supply Chain Management Officer in the compilation of consumption data, losses and adjustments, stock on hand and expiry dates for inventory analyses.
Quality Monitoring of Logistics:
- Monitor stock status of commodities throughout the country and report to SCM coordinator in regular basis.
- Ensure availability of all required forms and reports prescribed by the national guidelines for the LMIS at all SDPs/SRs level.
- Regularly inspect/monitor the central warehouse to ensure that the warehouse meets the quality as per the national guidelines/donor requirement and all equipment/systems are working properly.
- Manage proper disposal procedures and documentation of expired/unusable HIV pharmaceuticals and health commodities.
- Support logistics team to prepare monthly, quarterly and annual logistics reports.
- Support internal/external audit team for auditing of logistics/inventory system of NCASC.
- Liaise with NCASC and relevant stakeholders to ensure regular supply of appropriate drugs and kits in appropriate formulations and strength.
- Support in facilitating Logistic Management Trainings regularly.
- Supervise/support loaders/packers and other support staff in logistics management unit.
- Undertake any other assignments as requested by supervisor.
SKILLS AND BEHAVIOURS (our Values in Practice)
- Holds self-accountable for making decisions, managing resources efficiently, achieving and role modelling Save the Children values
- Holds the team and partners accountable to deliver on their responsibilities - giving them the freedom to deliver in the best way they see fit, providing the necessary development to improve performance and applying appropriate consequences when results are not achieved
- Sets ambitious and challenging goals for themselves and their team, takes responsibility for their own personal development and encourages others to do the same
- Widely shares their personal vision for Save the Children, engages and motivates others
- Future orientated, thinks strategically.
- Builds and maintains effective relationships, with their team, colleagues, Members and external partners and supporters
- Values diversity, sees it as a source of competitive strength
- Approachable, good listener, easy to talk to
- Develops and encourages new and innovative solutions
- Willing to take disciplined risks
- Honest, encourages openness and transparency
QUALIFICATIONS AND EXPERIENCE:
Education: Bachelor's degree in Pharmacy or Management or related Social Science(s)
Work experience: At least 1 year of experience in warehouse/store management of pharmaceutical and/or health products
- Excellent oral and written (both Nepali & English) communication skills
- Numeracy, and analytical ability
- Action oriented individual with good planning and problem solving skills
- Well organized in work and documentation
- Attention to details
- IT skills, particularly data management and spreadsheet
- Interpersonal and coordination skills, and orientation towards teamwork
- Where necessary, physical ability to undertake heavy lifting and organizing duties within the store
- Ability to work safely and effectively with a minimum supervision and under high pressure.
*GSI group include Female, Dalit, Madhesi, People with Disabilities and other indigenous/minorities