Reports to: CEO
Department: IT Services
Duties and Responsibilities
- Running regular checks on network and data security
- Identifying and acting on opportunities to improve and update software, network and systems
- Developing and implementing IT policy and best practice guides for the organisation
- Preserves assets by implementing disaster recovery and back-up procedures and information security and control structures.
- Managing IT staff by recruiting and training employees, communicating job expectations, and monitoring performance.
- Running and sharing regular operation system reports with senior staff
- Overseeing and determining timeframes for major IT projects including system updates, ERP & network upgrades, migrations and outages
- Managing and reporting on the allocation of IT budget
- Providing direction for IT team members
- Identifying opportunities for team training and skills advancement
- Remaining up to date with advances in technology and industry best practices.
- Support existing/new server’s and administer access rights for all users in the office.
- Design, develop, implement and coordinate systems, policies and procedures
- Ensure security of data, network access and backup systems
- Identify problematic areas and implement strategic solutions in time with proactive action
- Audit systems and assess their outcomes
- Preserve assets, information security and control structures
- Provide SA-related solutions for various IT project and operational needs.
- Identify approaches that leverage our resources and provide economies of scale
- Resources, systems and key processes reviewing system and application logs, and verifying
- Completion of scheduled jobs such as backups.
- Perform regular security monitoring to identify any possible intrusions.
- Perform daily backup operations, ensuring all required file systems and system data are
- Successfully backed up to the appropriate media.
- Configure/add new services as necessary. Perform ongoing performance tuning,
- Hardware upgrades, and resource optimization as required.
Note: This job description sets out the main responsibilities for the IT Services Manager but is not intended to be an exhaustive list. Specific duties may change from time to time without changing the general nature of the post and the IT Services Manager is expected to be flexible in the range of responsibilities s/he undertakes.
Interested candidates are requested to send their CV along with their cover letter to [email protected]. Please specify the position applied for in the subject line in the email.
Please visit our website for further inquiry at https://www.thebritishcollege.edu.np/pages/tbc-vacancies/3/13