Information Technology and Knowledge Management Officer (ITKMO) will be responsible for management of IT systems and infrastructure of LRBSU and also for management of knowledge, information related to implementation of Motorable Local Roads Bridge Programme (MLRBP).
Qualifications and Experience
Bachelors in Computer Engineering/ Information Technology or equivalent with minimum 5 years of working experience on IT/MIS/GIS and knowledge management related jobs in INGOs or in any development sector with good spoken & written command over English and Nepali.
Main Tasks & Responsibilities
Under the overall guidance and supervision of the Planning Results Monitoring & Reporting Manager s/he will perform following tasks, but not limited to;
IT related tasks
- Provide orientation to LRBSU and PRBSU staff to operate common office related software
- Troubleshooting of Hardware, Software and Network related issues
- Ensure computers/laptops are protected with viruses, Assist to keep antivirus software up to date
- Lead the regular maintenance and repair of all IT and network devices of LRBSU/PRBSU.
- Manage staff's e-mail address databases /renewal of email, internet with the service provider.
- Assist in managing and updating LRBSU web-site.
- Maintain an up-to-date knowledge of the most recent and relevant computer software and recommend to the Team Leader which applications are necessary for the project.
- Management of servers (file, email, web) and online systems of the LRBSU.
- Advice and set out specification for procurement of new computers, printers, GPS, mapping and IT related items for LRBSU.
- Coordinate with and support Store Keeper and Inventory Assistant for inventory handling of IT equipment with specification details.
- Perform Data entry, data verification, digitization and other related works for the preparation of GIS database of local roads, location and coordinates of bridge requirements along the roads, contours, landuse, drainage, settlements etc.
- Perform scanning, format conversion, and vectorizing the features to make the final digital database.
- Assist in Data collection from the concerned authorities
- Assist to Provide GIS and Mapping training for provinces and related stake holders
- Assist for GIS database sharing between the relevant organizations and institutions.
Knowledge Management/Data Analysis
- Coordinate with Provincial Bridge Coordinators (PBCs) and provincial team to properly archive important programme documents of provinces in LRBSU Cloud Archive.
- Support and coordinate for smooth operation of Provincial Bridge Information Management
- System (PBIMS) in all the Provinces
- Support in compilation of Monthly and quarterly progress reports
- Provide support in analysis of programme data (annual programme, programme progresses etc)
- Design and development of communication materials, brochures, booklets, print and electronic media as required for project stakeholders
Shortlisting will be done on the basis of your answers while applying, please answer the questions carefully. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted. Telephone enquiries will not be entertained.
This job has expired.